The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss C1 Cube

PeterA

Good Luk Chris - i had an order for one of those with you guys for over 2 months and it still didnt arrive - did it ever get there?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
If B&H delivers as they usually do, I will bring my new demo cube to Moab.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
Jack will be bring his too, so when you are looking at it can I look at your 28mm Mamy? :)
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Lastly- Has everyone seen the LevelHead?
I looked at the LevelHead, but was not impressed as it does not replace a ball head, which you might need to get enough roll or pitch. Not to mention yaw, of which it provides no solace.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You can not only look at it you can shoot with it also but fare warning once you touch it you will want one.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Sure we will only charge 3 percent listing fees instead of the normal 6 percent real estate brokers charge. Funny thing is i used to have a real estate license many years ago. I actually sold one house too. LOL

C

carbonmetrictree

I definitely agree, Bob. Plus, it would look really ridiculous if you mounted, say, nine of these together to get a total of 90 degrees, LOL.

I looked at the LevelHead, but was not impressed as it does not replace a ball head, which you might need to get enough roll or pitch. Not to mention yaw, of which it provides no solace.
-bob

jlm

Workshop Member
i have found the cube to be very useful, however it has it's quirks.
there is one axis where you have a fast forward down tilt of up to 60 degrees (usually set to tilt forward and down. this would be used for a shot pointing down where you don't intend to level the camera base front to rear. fortunately, the cube has a pan axis on it's base to swing the tilted camera around
the other two axes are adjusted with rack and pinion and while accurate and deliberate are slower to adjust, requiring quite a few turns to go 20 degrees. very nice for accurately setting f-b and r-l level; then or course, you have a level panning axis at the top.

also the adjusting knobs are adequate but on the small side

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
That is Korean and it is the knock-off version. (and the web site is located in Korea too)
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
i have found the cube to be very useful, however it has it's quirks.
there is one axis where you have a fast forward down tilt of up to 60 degrees (usually set to tilt forward and down. this would be used for a shot pointing down where you don't intend to level the camera base front to rear. fortunately, the cube has a pan axis on it's base to swing the tilted camera around
the other two axes are adjusted with rack and pinion and while accurate and deliberate are slower to adjust, requiring quite a few turns to go 20 degrees. very nice for accurately setting f-b and r-l level; then or course, you have a level panning axis at the top.

also the adjusting knobs are adequate but on the small side
So John,

Are we going to see the "JLM Improved" version anytime soon? If so, I call shotgun on being the first beta tester!

:D,

Don Libby

Curious

Just how many people have either decided to or pulled out the cash for a CUBE based on this thread? Jack the CUBES serial numbered? If so it’d be nice to see once the dust settles.

don

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Don,
I always knew I wanted one, but since I was doing the Moab shoot, I thought that I might as well add a couple more pounds to my kit.
-bob