The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Infinity focus problem w/ 28mm HR and cambo wide ds

Maeda

Hi,

I just received my mamiya DM33 (same as leaf aptus II 7) and impossible to make a shot in focus at infinity with my rodi 28mm HR.
Do i have to send my cambo wide ds with the lens and digital back for calibration to cambo or Rodenstock ?

Thanks

R.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
As replied to on LL...

Cambo infinity adjustment can be done by most value-added Cambo dealers. Assuming you purchased from a value added dealer I'd contact them before Cambo to save the cost/time of shipping to the Netherlands. If you bought it used from eBay or similar then you can attempt to adjust infinity yourself if you're a power user (it's not overly challenging, but you're taking the risk of messing it up which would void any warranty) or contact Cambo and have it sent in for adjustment at the factory. However, the issues is back-to-lens calibration so they need more than just the lens - they need your kit (another reason why it will be easier to go through your dealer assuming you have one).

An unofficial guide to user-adjusted infinity (again, not overly complicated but proceed at your own risk - officially cambo does not endorse the end-user doing this and suggests it be done by a qualified dealer or by Cambo itself):
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/380561-post2.html

greygrad

Thomas' original instructions, with a useful photo, are here.

I would also make sure that the lens isn't focussing past infinity.

weinlamm

From where are you?

I had a problem with a lens after buying it. I called Rodenstock and they said, that the adjustment is part of the service from Cambo. They only service their own lenses (without Cambo mount).

So I shipped it to Cambo. But this isn't a problem to ship from Germany to the Netherlands.

If you are from US or somewhere other, perhaps Doug's tip to ask a Cambo-Dealer would help you.

Maeda

So i calibrated the lens myself and it works so well !!!
Thank you very much for the link Doug !

It's very easy and quick to calibrate your lens.

I think the only problem that you can find is to damage the screws.
My advice : Use a very good quality screwdriver as the one i used : FACOM AEFP.00x35

Thanks !