The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H5D shot counter reset

Foxie

Hi all,

This week I received my new Hasselblad H5D-40 (on its way to replace my 503 CFV39) and all seems in order, but I am puzzled about the shot counter that was set to B84164xx exposures (can't remember the last two digits). At first I thought I was shipped a demo model, but after looking up the shot counter in the grip display, the body had only 50 shots. Looked brand-new out of the box anyway ;-)
I think I can live with the letter B in the filename, but is there any way to reset the shot counter of the back so the filenames display my actual usage and not the factory set B84164-something number? I tried the manual, I tried google; only to find one remark about an H4D that could be reset by pressing the 'i' button while going into settings, but the buttons on the H5D back aren't the same anymore. Can't figure this one out.
I also tried the CFV-39 trick by inserting a card with one file set to the desired filenumber (-1) but this didn't work either: the next shot has the odd filenumber again.
1. does anyone know how to reset the shot counter of the back of a H5D to 0…?
2. and can someone clarify the odd counter setting with the shipped back?

Final remark: I noticed the H5D being on the conservative side with exposure; I think it tends to underexpose (maybe 0.5 to 1 stop). Any remarks on this?

Thanks for reading and answering!
Erik. ;-)

RVB

My H4D-50 also underexposes,you can reset the name of the files in settings>image info...

Rob

Foxie

Hi Rob,
Thanks for answering... The file-info setting in the H5D only sets the file information field. The file naming (and shot numbering) of the back (and thus the resulting file) stays unchanged...

Anyone else with an H5D that knows the answer?

Thanks,
Erik.

Douglas Fairbank

Back in the days when I was a 'Hasselbuddy' I made this help sheet for H cameras and it is probably the same for the H5D. Please see the attached pdf.

Foxie

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for posting! I think it might be a trick like this, however the H5D backs have different buttons than the previous backs (and the buttons on my CFV39 are different too).
The H5D doesnt have that 'i' button. It has a 'menu' button, a '+/-' button and an 'image' button, a directional button/pad and two assignable buttons 'p1' and 'p2'…

Maybe all H5D readers in this forum have taken the strange counter setting of their new camera for granted!? ;-)
I think not being able to change this the way you can set date&time in the menu is a big omission.

Thanks,
Erik.

JorgeQueiroz

I own a Hasselblad H4D-50 and have the same doubts you have.

First, is there a way to discover the "shutter" count of the digital back?

Second, can I change the file naming system?

I don't want to reset the counter of the digital back, but I would love to know how many clicks I made with this camera.

Thanks!