The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca-Swiss MF-two packed in a backpack?

torger

Is anyone using the MF-two when hiking in mother nature? It would be great to see an example of the camera packed in a backpack.

I'm using a Techno myself which I pack in a f-stop Satori EXP including 6 lenses and sliding back, but a friend of mine that's looking into getting a MF-two. It need to be possible to pack in a bag though, and I'm not sure how small it can get, it looks quite bulky.

Packing it in pieces won't do as it will slow down setup times, I'd like to see it packed with rail front and back standard and lens on as one unit, and sliding back on the side.

This is how I pack my Techno. If you don't need to change lens, setting it up is just up with the camera body on the tripod head, on with the sliding back (which already has the digital back mounted, and the back has the flash sync cable hanging from it), put in the flash sync cable and shoot (one shutter release cable pre-attached to all lenses).

gazwas

I didn't pack mine in a rucksack but it did pack down quite small. I split mine into three pieces and wrapped each section in a micofibre cloth for protection.

1. Front function carrier, format frame and bellows (bag normally).
2. Rear function carrier, format frame and Phase back adapter
3. Rail

You could also leave a lens attached if you had room in the bag but I normally removed mine. All slotted together really easily and quickly. Not as easy as the R-Line obviously but a great camera. ML2 MF and a Live view back would be a dreamy set up.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Back in the day I used a think tank Glass Taxi. Designed for long lenses.

I also used Think Tank Street Walker Pro

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I still use the Street Walker my longest lasting bag in my arsenal. I have almost the whole line of Think tanks or had it at one time. I use nothing else

RodK

I carry mine around in a Lowe-Pro Flipside 300 with a lens mounted and often one or 2 others, along with my DB. Works very well.
Small and compact.
I will post some pics tomorrow.