The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ALPA Rumors and News.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I had a phonecall with ALPA today and will visit them within the next two weeks .
My idea is to use my STC hand held from time to time and have the vertical shift option . But I want to try that out before I buy the grip with or without the cable release .

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hi Graham

I have two grips now and find them very useful for HH shooting .
They make the TC to be a little SWA , but add quite some weight to the camera . The grip is mounted with one screw and it takes only a couple of seconds to do so .
The grips also make the STC like an SWA . I have machined a little distancer , which can raise any VF by 10mm , so you can not only do a fall with the back by up to 18mm but also a raise for 10mm ( if you want to have less foreground ) .
The new grip feels very good in my hands , is very "smooth" and gives a safe feeling . Also the release button is at the right place for my long fingers .:)
But I must also say , regarding the design and beauty of an ALPA , the new grip can't compete with the rosewood grips . These are just beautiful but not as handy .

I can't say anything about the new sync cable , because I use the HB version of the first design and never had any trouble with that cable .
The ALPA people recommend to contact them directly per E-Mail for any problem . So don't hesitate to contact them .

dchew

Graham,
I have the new sync cable. It is a wonderful improvement. Haven't had a single misfire since.

Dave

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Good to know Dave. I've been too busy since I received the new cable to try it yet. I'd transitioned back to shooting zero latency but I'm also using live view a lot too so I'm eating up batteries and sensor heat. Time to get back to shooting normal mode. If the new cable works as well as described I might even get a second one although I think that Alpa ought to offer a trade back.