The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H5D clock and display

Foxie

Hi All,

For a few weeks now I have been working with my new H5D-40. Apart from meeting my expectations (coming from a CFV-39) and the amazing True Focus while doing my first assignments with the camera, there's two things that are actually worse than my CFV-39:
1. the internal clock of the H5D goes wrong several hours after a few days. Within a week it's about four hours behind in time. This is with a charged battery attached,
2. the display on the back is even worse than my CFV-39. My H5D display is too dark and has some purple-pink colourshift. It's not DSLR quality, but the CFV-39 is about right for a quick check; the H5D display is so terrible, it's in a class of its own.

I'm still in doubt: are these two things common (with your H cameras?) or is my camera not within standards and should I go back to the store and risk that the thing has to go back to Hasselblad (and will be away for a few weeks)?

Thanks for answering,
Erik.

fotografz

I had nine H cameras over the years, culminating with the H4D/60. The internal clock was accurate on all of them. Something is amiss with yours.

The H5 LCD should be the same as that of the H4D/40 and 60 I had. In no way was it worse than the CF or CFV backs I also once used. My H4Ds were much better. Something is amiss with your LCD.

Call your dealer immediately … hopefully they are an authorized Hasselblad reseller.

DO NOT take any guff or feet dragging … the camera is only a few weeks old and should be handled on a priority basis … even demand a loaner should it need to go back to Sweden … or better yet, start out by demanding a new one, then go from there.

- Marc

modator

hello, on page 27 of the H5 manual there is a note that says there is a rechargeable cell inside the digital back, You need to jeep the camera on for 12 hours to let it charges to fulll capacity..... Then the problem should go....

Best regards, Domenico.