The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Extension tubes for Mamiya

B

bdeshazer

I'd like to be able to use my P30 back, 150mm f3.5 and/or 210mm f4 to do full-frame head shots and fill the frame with the face. While a true macro lens or something like the 75-150mm zoom could probably do this, I was first going to explore the less expensive option of an extension tube.

Can I do this with a single NA401, NA402 or NA403 (not stacked)? If so, any recommendations for which one to get? Is there a calculation I could use to see how much the minimum focusing distance is reduced for a given lens with a given amount of extension?

I know there may be some vignetting with this method, hopefully the slight crop of the P30 will help with that a bit.

Thanks for any thoughts/advice.

B

bdeshazer

Purchased the 402 and the maximum focusing distance is too tight with the 150mm f3.5 lens. Going to try the 401.