The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Spooky Lens caps from Mamiya/Phase

Hello Guys,

Sorry for that, but i am new in the Mamiya/Phase region. The front lens caps are one of the worst i have ever seen. Negative WOW!!!
What is this? With a hinge on one side? And the "crunch" with every pressure is wonderful for a new lens..

Come on Mamiya / Phase. This is the first touch of a lens with the customer! You could (should) make ist better.... This is only a hint... :)

mueller

Last edited:

Paul2660

Yes they are a weak link first thing I did was replace them with brand x caps from B&H. The spring seems to go pretty quick thus ending their ability to stay on.

Paul

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I also recommend just popping the original Mamiya/Schneider (or any lens make actually) caps straight in to the original box and just put on Promaster or similar clone Nikon caps. It'll save you a lot of grief and expense too if you happen to lose an original cap plus it'll help should you ever sell the lens.

ondebanks

I take another approach entirely: I just leave a Cokin P type filter holder + hood on each lens the whole time; the flat Cokin P lens caps slide into the holder behind the hood, and solve the dodgy lens cap problem. Although, my main motivation for going this route was to have a single standard filter & hood system, dispensing with multiple polarizers etc. of different sizes and a large bag of stepping rings.

Ray

Hello,
i have bought some noname lenscaps in the internet. But aware: There are some caps, where you can not remove the hood!!! I bought these, because i dont know it.

You have to remove the caps and after that remove the hood..turn it and put the hood on the lens.

Now i have to find some smaller lenscaps in diameter. Hmmm.
to be continued..!