The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-50c !!

tcdeveau

I think it's interesting to note how much cheaper this back is than the H5D-50c. I can't imagine they did much more than rehouse the H5D-50c back here. Granted, the H5D comes with an H5D body, but it's hard to see that body being worth the $12,500 price difference between the CFV-50c and H5D-50c. Looks like a great option for ppl who still want to shoot V-system.

tjv

I'm in no way expecting them to do it, but what would the chances be of them implementing true live view, i.e. on the back and not tethered, via firmware update? 5%? 50%? If this had on back live view, and it could be proven that it played well with tech camera movements and retrofocus lenses, I'd be ordering tomorrow.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Finally , after all the Lunar/Stellar crap a good decision from HASSELBLAD .
And that CFV-50c ist much cheaper than the IQ250 . Good news .:thumbup:

Nick-T

Of course it doesn't rotate, and nor is it a bad joke. The negativity towards Hasselblad from some people never ceases to amaze me.

Nick-T

Wait... Where is the pity name, like Saturn V, and the wooden handle and bling? You could hardly recognize this as a Hasselblad...

Of course, the price is out of this world...
How unpleasant of you. People have been asking for bigger better V compatible backs for a while and you feel the need to abuse Hasselblad for doing this?

Shame on you.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The most positive side of this is the fact that Hasselblad now shows a willingness to take care of its large customer base, people who have had an enthusiastic relationship with the V Series for years, often for decades. If I can ever afford a back like this myself, I'm not even sure if I would choose the older CFV-50, which has a larger sensor, or this one, but again; this newish attitude from Hasselblad increases the chances that I will actually try saving enough money to buy one of these.

To those who are disappointed that this is not the new Saturn with wooden handle and rotating 3D sensor: I understand the sarcasms. I should, shouldn't I, with my own posting history? But for this product, Hasselblad deserves respect. Hopefully, they will survive and be a healthy company for many years, supplying professionals and enthusiasts with state-of-the-art photo gear long into the future.

Last edited:

KeithL

Very positive news!

If Hasselblad can add un-tethered live view they'll take the tech camera market by storm.

M

mjr

This sounds great, in my own personal view having used 500 series cameras for many years, live view wouldn't be a big benefit without a tilting screen because it doesn't feel like a camera to bring up to eye level so much, the beauty was having it lower and using the waist level finder, plus with such a huge wonderful viewfinder, I'm not sure how much benefit live view would give, it's not like it's difficult to compose and focus. This would be a great portrait camera for sure in the studio.

Mat

bythewei

Apart from the aesthetics (damn that's a really nice-looking back), i actually prefer my current P25+ back more. Furthermore, the 50c is a 1.3 crop sensor, which explains why Hasselblad paired it with a 60mm CF instead of 80mm. And why CF not CFi?

That said, anybody want to buy a Ex+ condition P25+ from me? :D

f8orbust

Wait... Where is the pity name, like Saturn V, and the wooden handle and bling? You could hardly recognize this as a Hasselblad..
To be fair, you do what you gotta do to survive. I don't like what HB have done to the brand, but hey, they're still in business.

It's not like P1 is beneath such gimmicks either:

Last edited: