The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-50c !!

fmueller

Wow.

Things are really moving in the right direction. My P40+ (V mount) with my 503CW wasn't such a crazy idea after all. I plunked down 10k for my refurb'ed back a year ago. the new CFV-50c is within striking distance of that. That's huge.

Once one gets over the "crop sensor" issue you'll find out those old Hasselblad bodies rock with a digital back. I am consistently amazed at how well my itty bitty little 39mp crop sensor back does on a V system.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Happy happy happy. I love my 503CXi & CFV but damn, I could stretch to one of these as the price drops over time.

Thank you Hasselblad for some actions from the sane side of the brand :thumbs:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
To be fair, you do what you gotta do to survive. I don't like what HB have done to the brand, but hey, they're still in business.

It's not like P1 is beneath such gimmicks either:

Wassat? Did Phase One miss an opportunity to upsell me? Hard to believe!

Last edited:

tjv

$19,000 plus GST in New Zealand.

If this thing gets a firmware update for on back live view, then I'm pretty much 100% sold, with one caveat: I want use it on my tech camera and be able to employ movements without more image degradation than what I'd expect to see on an CFV-50. If that can be proven – and I know Torger has suggested it can't, but I'd like to see more tests – I'll be doing my bit to save Hasselblad and giving them my money. (Actually, I just ordered a second Flextight scanner for work, so I've done quite a bit for them this week!)

timontimon

At $15,000.00 it is about double the price it should be. How can Pentax with an entire camera and the same sensor, sell theirs at half the price of the CFV-50CII? As much as I'd like to have this back, I will not be buying one at that price.

Greg
three reasons why hass and P1 priced higher

the iq250 and Hasselblad 50c has 16bit color, but pentax only offer 14bit file.

iq250 and hass are modular backs, meaning they can be adapt to any tech cameras. for the pentax 645z, because of the body added flange distance, rear tilt is limited, could be a big problem when you try to adjust DOF with rear tilt

and the last reason of course, you pay a bit for the brand.

f8orbust

1. 16bits - really - from the same sensor - people still believe that marketing BS - the last 2 bits are junk, they're all effectively 14bits.

2. The DB is modular, but it's just a dumb back when attached to anything that can't communicate with it electronically ... and yet it's priced (not costs) substantially more than a full on bells-and-whistles camera that is garnering high praise. P1 has been practicing the 'reassuringly expensive' pricing model (also know as 'we can charge what we want 'cause where else are they gonna go') for so long now I guess this is just another example of that.

3. Paying a 'bit' for the brand ... where a 'bit' = $20k+. I don't see that myself.

mmbma

it's priced this way because of the market

A used CFV 16 fetches 4k, CFV39 around 7k, and a CFV 50 around 9k.
A brand new CFV50c will sell a lot at 15k. It's just a fact. Hassey V not only has a big user base of pros and amateurs, it's is also very collectible. price of a mint 503cw kit has nearly doubled in past year or two.