The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamyia ZD

Hulyss Bowman

Hello guys, I want a mamyia ZD. Not from Ebay or another market place. I want a mamyia ZD + 80f2.8 in exchange of an XT-1 gear with zeiss lenses. If someone have this somewhere, I'm your man. Thank you :)

Hulyss Bowman

Hello Doug !

Yes I used the back and the ZD body. I prefer using the ZD, like a big D700 :) Do you have any infos ?? It is a bit rare body actually :/

ondebanks

Have you used a ZD before?
Doug, I understand that you shoot a few weddings as a sideline to your job at DT. Do you sometimes sidle up to the groom and ask "Are you sure you want to marry this woman?" :)

The OP was quite clear about what he wants. Why question it?

Ray

Hulyss Bowman

Probably because he think I might be disappointed but I know the gear a little :) I really want to have the chance to find someone who have one ... and do not use it or want badly an XT-1 gear.

kdphotography

Doug, I understand that you shoot a few weddings as a sideline to your job at DT. Do you sometimes sidle up to the groom and ask "Are you sure you want to marry this woman?" :)

The OP was quite clear about what he wants. Why question it?

Ray
I think all the significant others in the medium format digital world have redeeming qualities worthy of consideration in Dante's Inferno. All of them even with their lovable quirks and demands. Even the Pentaz 645D and 645Z, have shown that ugliness is only skin deep and quite attractive deep inside.

Dante has something for everyone.

:ROTFL:

ken

John Black

Hulyss - you may want to consider a used Leica S2. Lots of pro's and con's -- the ZD has the larger sensor, but the S2 has much better ISO performance (compared to the ZD). S2 pretty much dictates Lightroom, ZD is Capture One. The S2's rear LCD is light years better than the ZD's. There have been some great buys on S2's on Ebay for ~$5k. Obviously more than a ZD dSLR will cost, but still a bargain in the medium format realm. Something to ponder if the search for the ZD comes up empty.

Hulyss Bowman

Hello guys !! Thank you for the reply.

Well, actually I'm pretty poor and carry half pigs 10 hours/day in a slaughter house to pay the bills (crisis is a biatch even thought I'm engineer...). It is why I wanted to stay low profile.

The ideal would be be someone who have the ZD, who do not use it any-more and want badly an XT-1 system in exchange.

I know the S2 because I rent it a lot but ... I really prefer fat pixels and base ISO. I would use it exclusively for my crafted visuals. It is that or I go film, once again.

The price I'm willing to pay is XT-1 less than 2k shoots, Touit 12mm, 18-55 and 35f1.4. Given the age of the ZD and 80mm, I think it is a fair swap.

The larger the sensor, the better I feel.