The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Plaubel PL69D thread

Duff photographer

Howdo all,

Thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the Plaubel PL69D digital view camera, basically because I don't think a thread exists anywhere else on the interweb. As there do not seem to be many owners out there maybe this thread will become the world centre... ...or it could be very quiet!

As an owner it would be good to know of others out there who own a Plaubel 69D in the hope of exchanging knowledge, experience, parts, contacts, and of course as a means for potential owners to 'gen up' on the thing.

So, anyone out there?

(By the way, I'm always on the look-out for lensboards, although I may eventually mill these out of aluminium, but if anyone has any going cheap...

...and I may have a Hasselblad H adapter for the PL70 sliding adapter to swap for a Hasselblad V at some point [if or when I find that elusive CF-22 back].)

Cheers,
Duff

fotophil

Hi Duff:

NowI know that are two Plaubel P69D Cameras. I have had mine for several years and use it conjunction with Hassy V Mounting so that I can use the Hassy viewing accessories and digigtal back. I recently built a Pentax P645 camera mounting plate using a flat lens board. A 120mm lens mounted on a recessed lens board with focus infinity when used a bag bellows. I appreciate the precision of the Plaubel but the weight and bulk of a monorail camera precludes it from serious field work.

I adapted an old Kapture Group Sliding Backto work on the Plaubel but it is limited to a minimum focal length of 65mm so wide angle workis not possible. What is the minimum focal length for the PL70 sliding adapter?

I have not been able to locate any Plaubel lens boards on the used equipment market but I have been able to purchase directly from the Plaubel Factory.

Have fun with your Plaubel.

Phil Lindsay

fotophil

How does the Sliding back adapter fit the camera back? Can you Please send photos? Have located any other users?

Thanks

Phil

Steve Hendrix

I still have at least 2 clients who own this camera, and both are using the Plaubel Sliding Back. It has been at least 7 years since I've sold one, however.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

fotophil

The Kapture Sliding Back works pretty well on my Plaubel but a 65mm lens is as shortest focal length that will focus infinity. I understand that the Plaubel PL70 will handle 38mm lenses. I believe that the PL70 had both Hassy V and Hassy H mounting plates. It's all sort of academic because Plaubel Stuff is really really hard to fine - not even E-bay!
Steve you had mentioned previously that there were some focus accuracy problems withsome of the PL70 backs - was this problem solved?

The solution to the sliding back issue is replacement of the sliding back with a full size sensor CMOS Digital Back but when?