The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Pentax 28–45mm f/4.5 for 645D/Z

Ed Hurst

One small error on the page that link goes to. This isn't Pentax's first optically stabilised medium format lens - the 90mm was that.

D&A

On paper, it seems tasty!
It does. Here I thought all I need to do is win the lottery....now I've come to realize I'll need to win two :). Just too much darn good stuff out there.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

ondebanks

Always great to see an expansion in medium format offerings.

Would users of the 645Z (with its incredible mid and high ISO) even need image stabilisation in a wideangle lens? Might be aimed more at the 645D users.

Ray

Shashin

Astrophotography handheld? Probably very useful at the 45mm end. Also it lets you go down in ISO. Less noise is always good.

ondebanks

Astrophotography handheld?
Now that would be something! :)

Image stabilised binoculars made a big impact in visual astronomy when Canon introduced them. What they lacked in raw aperture, they made up for in the convenience of not needing a tripod or elaborate counterbalanced mount to keep the view steady.

Ray