The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tripod Feature Possibility ??

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jurgen,

That was my point about 3/8-16 being a universal standard. We agree I believe.

However, when it came to quick release plates etc, people seem to have gone their own way with Arca leading the way to pseudo standardization although it seems RRS and other Arca 'compatible' plate manufacturers have their own almost compatible systems. Gitzo, Manfrotto and a few others produced their own proprietary systems.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jurgen,

That was my point about 3/8-16 being a universal standard. We agree I believe.

However, when it came to quick release plates etc, people seem to have gone their own way with Arca leading the way to pseudo standardization although it seems RRS and other Arca 'compatible' plate manufacturers have their own almost compatible systems. Gitzo, Manfrotto and a few others produced their own proprietary systems.

Sorry Graham , for not reading properly . Yes we agree .

The QR-plate chaos is very annoying an made me concentrate on ARCA and RRS plates . I managed to modify my gear (clamps and plates) so that I can use ARCA and RRS together on the very same clamps .
For those who can't do such modifications the QR-chaos turns out to be rather crappy , because many of the so called ARCA compatible QR-plate are not really compatible . They are all slightly different and landed in my scrap metal box .:banghead: Some wasted money .