The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H5X Open System

tjv

Yes, it will work fine. Although from memory the 28mm and 35-90mm lenses are optimised for 1.1x crop.

malmac

Well that is a nice development for those of us who were offered a soon to be released camera body when we purchased our IQ180's.

I would still prefer a new body from Phase One - as all my lenses are for Phase One - but I have become patient so it will take a fairly good offer to prise out any more dollars from my wallet.

Mal

fotografz

Yes, it will work fine. Although from memory the 28mm and 35-90mm lenses are optimised for 1.1x crop.
So is the HCD-24mm.

Anything with a "D" after the HC designation is optimized for a 1.1X "Digital" crop factor. So a HCD-24/4 is roughly equivalent to a 26.4mm on a H5X with a 60 or 80 meg back.

All of the lenses with the prefix "HC" cover the full 645 area as they were initially developed to cover 645 film format. Many of those have been updated optically for high resolution digital capture, but retained their full frame coverage: the 50/3.5-II, 120/4-II macro, 150/3.2N have all been optically tweaked or completely revamped … in particular, the new HC-50-II was a significant improvement over the previous version, and has its own dedicated close up unit that allows really close focus with a WA perspective.

- Marc