The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help: Warning Sign When Using Leica S2 with Hasselblad V Lens

yudafu2

from the advices I got from this forum, I got the Leica S2P from Douglas, another member. At the same time, my Adaptor for Hassy V lens arrived too.

I put the Hassy lens on the S2, set to Manual focus, and I can shoot now. But there is a warning sign in the viewfinder. Do you know what that Warning Sign means? Is there anything that I need to be careful here? Also is there a third party lens setting that I need to operate in the menu system? I cannot find such options.

Best,
George

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have used the P67 lens to S adapter on both S2-P and newer S bodies and do not recall a warning sign appearing...what does yours look like?

These adapters are devoid of electronic information ... essentially nothing is passed to the camera so it may be a .... no lens found ... message.

If you can shoot and the pictures are acceptable...enjoy.

Bob

yudafu2

Thanks Bob! Yes, I can shoot, but the warning signal is like a blinking triangle with an "i" in it. I do not know what it means. I guess it might mean there is no lens or something like that.

Do you have any experience like that when you shoot the Pentax?

docmoore

George,

I have not...and I loaded a P67 55 on the camera today and tried to evoke the warning without luck...including all sorts of strange auto-ISO exposure compensation and metering errors ... no triangle in M or A mode...

The S manual states there is a waring triangle when in exposure compensation mode but I did not see it with multi and center metering and exposure compensation even when shutter speed would be to low for handheld.

I will try to find an older S2 manual online and look for something.

Regards,

Bob

docmoore

Found the S2 instruction PDF and it states (pp. 9-10) that the triangle in the display is the indication of a warning message on the monitor ... bottom right hand corner of the top LCD. There it may indicate no CF card, Full card or card error....

Hope this helps

Bob