The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HB H5X announced

BANKER1

A software update is probably forthcoming that will allow the H3X and H4X cameras to be compatible as well. At least that is being hinted on another forum.

Greg

tjv

Well, I guess Hasselblad's Photokina marketing slogan is "back to the future", whatever that means.

kdphotography

It would be just like Hasselblad to announce a new product just right before Phase can release their own new product---sorta like an attempt to steal their thunder imo. And they just raised the ante a bit with the H5X.

All I have to say is that Phase One better be releasing an all new super camera body at Photokina, and it better be a home run.

ken :)

fotografz

Well, I guess Hasselblad's Photokina marketing slogan is "back to the future", whatever that means.
Hopefully, it means they extracted their head out of their a$$, and are returning to what made them a viable MFD choice in the past.

IMO, their future was always in providing MFD solutions, not grossly over-priced trashy looking make-overs of quickly obsolete 35mm tech that had little to do with real photography.

With any luck there is enough of the brain trust left to make even more of what gear like the H5X can bring to existing or potential customers … firmware that allows full use of the H4 backs would be a good start … or at least a 2nd body match service like Steve Hendrix mentioned above.

Speaking of marketing … IMHO Hassey needs to stop over-reaching with certain things they say like they did in past, and do a better job of communicating what they do have: multiple viewfinders, True Color, True Focus APL-II, auto micro-adjust for focus shift, their pioneering efforts in DAC, unified ergonomics, optical make-overs of many lenses like the spectacular 50-II with its' matched CU adapter, etc.

The real challenge for Hasselblad in future will be to convert their cameras to dual shutter bodies … then everyone with an investment in lenses will suddenly have the best of both worlds … I can't tell you how valuable this is as I've learned with my S2P and all CS Leica lenses.

My best to Hasselblad in future.

- Marc

tjv

I'm hoping that the "back to the future" approach is a return to the older CF type backs with changeable adaptors, so users can mix and match bodies how they please. That in combination with the H5X would be great news for all MFD enthusiasts, especially if they can price their backs at more competitive prices (dreams are free).