The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 8.

gazwas

All the others are still there. Never like Punch as I always felt it was OTT so this Natural option is a welcome addition.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Subscription plan? If they ever convert to subscription only, I will never buy another PhaseOne product. After the crap Adobe pulled, I'm shocked anyone thought this would be a good idea.
Phase One had very very clearly told me that there is absolutely positively not a plan to switch to subscription only.

Subscription is an *additional* option, and is not expected to be the majority of users. It will be useful for some users including multi-user corporate and institutional clients where knowing your exact expenses into the future is preferable to having semi-randomly spaced upgrade costs.

If you prefer to buy the software as a perpetual license you still can, and this will not change.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Doug please answer me this. c18 pro has the same things that c1 express has for Sony cams. I need to know this as that is what I am shooting these days. I did beta test 8 but I'm sure most profiles and such where added last to the list before the master was out.

hcubell

Just a note to Mac users... Capture One 8 requires OS X 10.9 or newer.
Thanks, I noted that. I have held off on updating to 10.9 from 10.8. Are there any specific issues that people have experienced with LR, C1 Pro, Photoshop CC 2014, Epson Large Format printers, etc. in moving to 10.9?

Jeffg53

One thing that I just discovered, once you open your catalog in C1 8, you can't go back to C1 7. It performs a conversion the first time that you open it.

Now I'm praying for stability.

jagsiva

I do think this is one of the most stable major releases to date. I am particularly impressed by stability tethered and with LV.

gss

Phase One had very very clearly told me that there is absolutely positively not a plan to switch to subscription only.

Subscription is an *additional* option, and is not expected to be the majority of users. It will be useful for some users including multi-user corporate and institutional clients where knowing your exact expenses into the future is preferable to having semi-randomly spaced upgrade costs.

If you prefer to buy the software as a perpetual license you still can, and this will not change.
I appreciate this, Doug. PhaseOne does seem to be aware of the uproar that Adobe's actions caused. One has to wonder why they assured you up front that there is no plan to go subscription-only, but didn't see the need to assure everyone else before their panties got all twisted in a knot.:eek:
Anyways, good to hear, and thanks.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug please answer me this. c18 pro has the same things that c1 express has for Sony cams. I need to know this as that is what I am shooting these days. I did beta test 8 but I'm sure most profiles and such where added last to the list before the master was out.
The [Sony] versions are the same as the non [Sony] versions except that they only work with Sony cameras*.

*It also works with Team Phase One files since there will never be any version of C1 which does not work with Team Phase One files).