The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Credo 50 Review coming

jlm

Workshop Member
couple of ??'s

does the credo raw work well with C1?
how good is the LCD display compared to the IQ's?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
does the credo raw work well with C1?
Extremely well. I'd be glad to send you raw files you can evaluate in Capture One v8.

The color profiles created for the Credo in C1 continue the legacy of Leaf Color.

how good is the LCD display compared to the IQ's?
It's the same high resolution, bright, retina touch-screen LCD as the Phase One IQ and IQ2.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just a tease for now. I need to write, process and shoot a little more.

Details Alpa STC with Tilt adapter, 40mm rodie

Shot this as a 3 shot stitch at full movements of 18mm left , center and 18mm right. Processed in C18 to the best of my ability with a new back still working all the settings. Now I'm not so sure 18mm is the smartest setting here and maybe 15mm would be better. I am getting some serious lens falloff but I went for broke here and this is a lens limitation on image circle versus size of sensor. Its sharp all the way out there for sure. But I think 15mm maybe the max. on it. I shot a 15mm series today this was from Friday

I did crop slightly on the right to cut off a car nose.

Guy Mancuso

Now I will say this for the back its sharp as a laser and gets every bit of resolving power from that Rodie. Color is sort of to my taste, the scene was warmer.

Guy Mancuso

MEMBER WARNING

FOR THE PROTECTION OF ALL FORUM MEMBERS . I WILL NOT BE POSTING 100 PERCENT VIEWS TO KEEP YOU FOLKS FROM WETTING YOUR PANTS. GO BUY SOME DEPENDS FIRST.:D

vjbelle

Now I will say this for the back its sharp as a laser and gets every bit of resolving power from that Rodie. Color is sort of to my taste, the scene was warmer.
Just a quick comment...... I've always been a little critical of the warmness of the CCD chips - at least in the IQ series vs. the color the CMOS (Nikon 800). I always had to cool down the IQ file but never, usually, had to warm up the Nikon file - for the same image.

Victor

Guy Mancuso

Same here. I think the case is the WB is set lower on these backs and higher on Nikons. But I agree and one reason I got away from Nikon was there cooler color. My Sony is a lot more similar to this Credo and other CCD backs tends to be a little warmer. I actually like that myself. We need to remember also most landscape images are shot at lower kelvin temps in early morning and late afternoons as well. Color balance is a funny thing you correct to pure color temp than your landscape images will lose that warm morning and afternoon glow and that's what you want. I worry about this far more with people but landscape I always say go to taste. I'll WB off something than cool it off ir warm it up with kelvin when doing landscapes. Really there is no wrong here, it's what looks good.

Guy Mancuso

Victor good trick sometimes is color editor where you could warm up say this building and hold the blue sky with color editor.

Guy Mancuso

I'm hating this review already. Not having this kind of MF kit anymore just hurts when I shoot these things. The IQ is just amazing.

iiiNelson

Just a tease for now. I need to write, process and shoot a little more.

Details Alpa STC with Tilt adapter, 40mm rodie

Shot this as a 3 shot stitch at full movements of 18mm left , center and 18mm right. Processed in C18 to the best of my ability with a new back still working all the settings. Now I'm not so sure 18mm is the smartest setting here and maybe 15mm would be better. I am getting some serious lens falloff but I went for broke here and this is a lens limitation on image circle versus size of sensor. Its sharp all the way out there for sure. But I think 15mm maybe the max. on it. I shot a 15mm series today this was from Friday

I did crop slightly on the right to cut off a car nose.

Lord... That's like an A7r on steroids...

vjbelle

Given all of the negativity with regards to wides is is fairly amazing that the sky has remained very consistent in color rendition. I don't ever shift 18mm as the most I want is a 2X1 image (when shifting horizontally) which results in about 10mm shift in each direction. That keeps everything pretty crisp and without any artifacts 60mm and beyond (on an IQ180).

Victor

Guy Mancuso

I have a very slight magenta cast on the far left. I tend to think 15mm is better but I don't want to write off 18 either as I think I can get it even better.

Are you folks WB the LCC image before running the correction or after. I WB after the correction on these.

I'll be uploading all my files for folks to play with. But I agree even 15mm with a Rodie 40 is pretty dang good if not great.

From memory the Rodie 23 was 3mm, my 28 was about 7mm, my SK 60 was the best at least 20 or more. I'm sure owners of the 40 can answer the max on it.

The good news here is I have yet to see anything ugly yet. Everything looks as good as or better than the CCD counterparts with the bonus of live view and high ISO. This is the future

PeterL

Guy, just to clarify - were these vertical stitched shots, or horizontal? It's supposed to matter, as far as I understand the situation. I agree - these look outstanding, I look forward to seeing the downloads.

Cheers. -Peter

Guy Mancuso

These are vertical stitched shots from left to right than I immediately after the shoot series I send the back to the far left and run my LCC. In all it takes about 90 seconds. I open the shutter 1 stop for the LCC so the histo is at least in the middle for the LCC. Some folks go brighter and go to the far right. I never noticed that it actually mattered.

Btw with live view I left the viewfinder home, the Disto home and I would not spend the money on th iPhone setup. Put all that money for that stuff towards a lens or in this case with the Alpa STC the first thing I would buy is that stitch adapter so you can do rise and fall and shift at the same time. Its a big bitch to me Alpa just does not have both movements standard in the body or at least give you the dang adapter. Other than that I really like the Alpa but today I had to tilt the dang camera up to get a building in the frame and do a stitch . So now I have to fix the perspective in CS6. Pisses me off its not standard. It's why I bought Cambo but I love the Alpa too. It's my only knock on the system. Sorry Alpa fans but you know I'm right . Lol

But a good plus is you can move the backs very fast to stitch with Alpa. I like that setup

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm being told there is a stitch adapter for the Max but not the STC . Alpa folks help out here.
The Max stitch adapter mounts to the lens mount and allows for the back to shift both left/right and up/down relative to the lens center. By default if you mount the body on a tripod directly you will get shift relative to the lens center and front rise/fall of the lens. The adapter essentially makes them all act like rear movements about the lens center.

On the STC the only shift is the rear shift. You can rotate 90 degrees for rise/fall but you don't have the option of both rise/fall AND shift.

I traded my Max when I got the STC. These days, I want a Max again ... but not the size of it. Even I, an Alpa bigot, would concede that this is an advantage of the Cambo & Arca relative to the STC at least. That said, I still wouldn't change out my Alpas for either :p

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Graham . I have been switching back and forth for different shots. It's not every shot you need it but architecture type work it's really nice to have both. Guess I would buy a Max unit than

I have the tilt adapter on the STC. Be nice if they could do a combination with the tilt adapter. Heck even 5mm of rise would be huge. Bet they could do it too.

Just make a sliding feature with a knob to lock it. Make it free form

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
MEMBER WARNING

FOR THE PROTECTION OF ALL FORUM MEMBERS . I WILL NOT BE POSTING 100 PERCENT VIEWS TO KEEP YOU FOLKS FROM WETTING YOUR PANTS. GO BUY SOME DEPENDS FIRST.:D
Btw, I passed this on to my bank manager. He's currently working on disabling your internet access ... :poke::ROTFL:

vjbelle

If I need both I just rotate at the nodal point and use rise on the STC. I throw it all into PTGui and it comes out like a dream.

Victor