The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One & GPS

Don Libby

I will shortly be upgrading my IQ 160 to my 5th Phase One back, an IQ 180. I also have some locations to shoot where I haven't been before and would like to be able to return without stumbling around finding "the" spot. While I normally keep a handheld GPS with me I'm beginning to see some need to actually branding the files with a GPS location. Is there such an animal available for the IQ1 series?

Jeffg53

That's a pity, but there are plenty of Windows ones out there. I use either my Solmeta GPS or Motion-x on the iPhone to create logs. It's quite simple to do.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks Jeff, it looks like it isn't for a PC - too bad...
What's a PC? :poke: Sorry mandatory Mac dig :D
(And yes I'll concede that the lack of a Mac tablet like the Surface Pro does indeed suck for tethering in the field. Heck, even a Mac bigot such as myself ended up having to buy one).

Digitalcameraman

Don,

Check this article regarding Geotagging your Images with Capture Pilot.
I had been involved in some aerial applications where this is now being implemented to solve that issue.

https://captureintegration.com/capture-one-quick-tip-geotagging-your-images-with-capture-pilot/

And I also found this article very valuable,

Knowledge base for Phase One and Mamiya Leaf users

Hope this explains a few options, oh wait, this is only for IQ2 series, sorry Don, get the ski mask ready.

I will shortly be upgrading my IQ 160 to my 5th Phase One back, an IQ 180. I also have some locations to shoot where I haven't been before and would like to be able to return without stumbling around finding "the" spot. While I normally keep a handheld GPS with me I'm beginning to see some need to actually branding the files with a GPS location. Is there such an animal available for the IQ1 series?