The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF DBs: A new low in values? Market implications?

gogopix

Subscriber
Contax - tha last frontier ...( for me literally):ROTFL: love the body and now that I have myself a back with changeable adaptors..I am after a nice example with an adaptor for V lenses.:salute:
Novoflex makes a decent adapter, thought the MAM-1 will REALLY guarantee infinity focus with Hassey Vs

neat thing is that you automatically get focus confirmation and AE. It just works But I forget the setting sims I usually use MANUAL

regards
Victor

PS: The Vs to have are th 40mm IF and the 250SA (350 SA pretty good too)

of course you will want the $30,000 (that's USD! :) 300mm 2.8 with 1.7 extender!

But acially the 350mm contax and 1.4 Mutar are REALLY good for tele

PeterA

I have the 50/110/250/4 in FE ..looking for the MAM-I and a Contax body - I think I know someone who can help me out..-:)

I am a sucker for glass.

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
That is a great price for this lens; was over $7,000 new. Mutar I think is more accessible and works well with this lens. (actually, someone said the 210mm with Mutar was actually SHARPER than the 210mm could be some optical compensation going on.

Victor

BradleyGibson

Yes, Son said that.

I checked the MTF's and can definitely see what he's saying. That being said the 210/4 doesn't look to be all that good of a lens... Every lineup has it's weaker members, but I'll reserve judgement until I can see one in action.

Looking forward to the 350! :thumbs:
-Brad

That is a great price for this lens; was over $7,000 new. Mutar I think is more accessible and works well with this lens. (actually, someone said the 210mm with Mutar was actually SHARPER than the 210mm could be some optical compensation going on.

Victor

Last edited:
D

DougDolde

So Brad, does this mean your system change is to Contax 645?

BradleyGibson

Yup. I have really been enjoying the Zeiss/Phase combo ever since returning to the Phase P45+. My images have a different feel, which I do happen to like. With an autofocusing fast tele lens coming available, and me just starting to build a Phamiya system, I thought I should just go with the whole Contax lineup, and get native support for my lenses. (Stop-down metering isn't that much fun--I was using Hassy CFE and FE glass and manual focus Mamiya glass on the 645AF/AFDIII.

I'd ruled Contax out long ago when I couldn't find any Tele-Apotessars. This one turning up now was exceptionally good timing! :)

-Brad

D

DougDolde

Good to know you decided on Contax after going through some other systems. It was my choice in the first place.

I saw that 350 Tele on KEH myself and was temped for sure.

BradleyGibson

Wayne,

Thank you again for your tip. The 350 arrived today in absolutely pristine condition. I've popped a nice B+W filter on the front and an Arca-swiss plate on the bottom, and am ready to go...

...Unfortunately the Contax camera has not yet arrived, so I can only sit here and pet it. :)

Beautiful build quality, and not as large & bulky as I'd expected. My Canon 300/2.8 was more unwieldly than this lens. It's "dense", but it's all good! :D

I'll post some pics at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks again, and best regards,
-Brad

P.S. Does anyone know if Contax made a hood for the 350/4?