The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EXIF info on Phase One 7 and Mamiya lenses

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I have only just noticed that P1 7 Metadata does not show the lens used on my DF/IQ 180 when it is a Mamiya lens. It does show SK lenses.

My Mamiya 28, 45 and 150 just show as "1 mm f2-16" whereas my SK lenses show the name of the lens and the focal length. It is particularly weird as the focal length for all lenses shows under each picture in the viewer !

All my Sony lenses show up correctly, as do those of other cameras I've used.

LR4 (I hardly ever use LR) does show the focal length in the metadata. It's clearly not a camera/lens issue.

Anybody else noticed this?

Bill

malmac

Bill

I have two Mamiya lenses for my 645DF - I have not checked with the 300mm, but with the 150 the DF sometimes seems to ignore the lens ever since I did the upgrade which made the back turn on when I turn the camera on - (well it does most of the time but not always).

I will check the Exif data and see what I get.

Mal

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks Mal. They sure don't on my C1-7! But I'm upgrading to C1-8 soon so maybe I'll have better luck then. Not that it matters much as the correct focal length accompanies each pic in the Viewer.
Bill

iiiNelson

Thanks Mal. They sure don't on my C1-7! But I'm upgrading to C1-8 soon so maybe I'll have better luck then. Not that it matters much as the correct focal length accompanies each pic in the Viewer.
Bill
I had a lot of niggling issues with C1 7 when I tried the demo this summer. From previews not rendering properly to lens profiles not being applied. C1 8 seems to have fixed all of my issues I had with C1 7 so far. I've been on Mac OS 10.9 for awhile too and C1 8 is built upon it so maybe that's to my benefit as well.

malmac

Bill

I checked it on my PC - so you got me wondering about my Mac book - however checked that this morning at the lens data is there as well -

Mal