The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H System CF Lens Adapter

Mr.Gale

I have a H4D-50 and am wondering if my V lens will be sharp with this sensor. I have a 50mm CFi, 100m CF and a 250mm CF SA and all three were top performers when I was shooting film. If they will work I, can buy a Hasselblad H System CF Lens Adapter a lot cheaper than buying replacement HC lenses.
What do you think?

Mr.Gale

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Talk to your Hassy dealer about borrowing or renting the adapter so you can do your own evaluation. That's what they are there for!

rmueller

I have a H4D-50 and am wondering if my V lens will be sharp with this sensor. I have a 50mm CFi, 100m CF and a 250mm CF SA and all three were top performers when I was shooting film. If they will work I, can buy a Hasselblad H System CF Lens Adapter a lot cheaper than buying replacement HC lenses.
What do you think?

Mr.Gale
Hi Mr.Gale,
not sure for the H4D-50, i had one for my H3DII-31 and the CFE40IF as well as
CFi50 worked quite well.

Having said that, using the CF Adapter kills every usability aspect of the H system
and thats why i sold mine soon after i bought it. You're dealing with multiple lens hoods, need a sync cable, no AF, etc. etc. The list goes on, you need three hands to handle this beast, not really great when out in the field.

I would really suggest to rent one and check if it fits your workflow and if
you're willing to compromise when it comes to handling the system.

The H lenses are good, the 50mm II is stellar as is the 100 and 120 II Macro. I
will never look back again.

Just my 2 cents,
Ralf

Mr.Gale

Thank you Ralf and Doug for your excellent advice. I think I would be better off selling my V lenses and investing in buying more H lenses. In the mean time I'm going to try to find an adapter locally and give it at try. I'm coming from many years as a 4x5 shooter so the hassle doesn't bother me but I think it would be very much a distraction in my ultimate goal of taking exceptional photographs.
When and if I try an adapter I'll report back.
Again thanks,
Mr.Gale