The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tell me about lenses.

kdphotography

The 40-80mm LS f/4.0-5.6 is a sweet piece of glass. I was able to use one for a few days on an IQ250 and found that its crisp even wide open on the corners. Its a handful, but I didn't have any issues using the lens for a full day shoot. (The lens was literally right off the workbench, the lens barrel was stamped sample #11. That made me chuckle.) I usually prefer prime glass over zooms, but on my shoot I didn't even think about using one.....

Oooh. I don't think I've seen much on this lens since its announcement. I'd like to know how the new 40-80mm LS handles a full frame MFDB sensor. Worthy of your review Jeffrey... :D Definitely one of those Dante purchases.:bugeyes:

Ken

Hi Don

Thank you so much for your most gracious comments on my work. I appreciate feedback on my images and it definitely bouys my spirit to hear from an established artist and photographer such as you.

Hey Ken. I agree it would be nice to compare the IQ250 vs IQ260 with the new 40 - 80mm LS zoom. Some would probably say, hey I can zoom with my feet or do a lens change, but for a fashion or catalogue photographer who is locked down and with lighting set it maybe more fluid and definitely less taxing to simply zoom in or out after doing 20 to 30 outfits.

If can wrangle up the zoom again I will be glad to share my thoughts in a review this winter. Dante can be a toasty place to be in the winter.

Thank you
Jeffery

Egor

I am getting a new CMOS back either the IQ or Credo (haven't decided yet) but the smaller sensor and the nature of repetitious product shooting demands a zoom range of 55-110.
Voila, there is a Mamiya 55-110af, but not available new or late model gen, is that correct? I bought a used one cheap but don't know if the AF will work with my DF+ (Ray, any thoughts on this lens?)
The 40-80 would work fine but is too expensive and the 75-150 is going to be substituted in place of the 80 in the new kit.
More info on these older 55-110's please and should I bite the bullet and sub the 40-80 instead of the 75-150? Keep in mind the crop sensor of the IQ250 or Credo 50

lance_schad

Workshop Member
I am getting a new CMOS back either the IQ or Credo (haven't decided yet) but the smaller sensor and the nature of repetitious product shooting demands a zoom range of 55-110.
Voila, there is a Mamiya 55-110af, but not available new or late model gen, is that correct? I bought a used one cheap but don't know if the AF will work with my DF+ (Ray, any thoughts on this lens?)
The 40-80 would work fine but is too expensive and the 75-150 is going to be substituted in place of the 80 in the new kit.
More info on these older 55-110's please and should I bite the bullet and sub the 40-80 instead of the 75-150? Keep in mind the crop sensor of the IQ250 or Credo 50
Eric I know that there is definitely a fw upgrade for the Mamiya 105-210 lenses where it needs to go back to Mamiya for it to work with the DF/+. Not sure about the 55-110.

L