The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 Pro 8 & Multi-Focus

rga

Just curious if anyone (perhaps any of our wonderful vendors) has any news on when we can expect a firmware update that allows the IQ backs to do multi-focus while tethered with C1 Pro 8. PhaseOne included this feature as a big deal in their announcement, but my understanding is that it isn't available for any of their backs.

I'm really hoping PhaseOne will chime in here. It's beginning to feel like deja vu all over again (remember USB3??).
Thanks,
Bob

rga

I noticed that Digital Transitions included in their weekly newsletter that a firmware update for IQ250s only that would allow the multi-focus capabilities with C1P - 8. No word for other IQs...

Also noticed that PhaseOne removed this capapbility on their website that states the new features of C1P-8.x.

Good news/bad news? I hope there will be a firmware upgrade for other IQ backs: just concerned that PhaseOne may have taken this feature off the table for all other IQ backs.

Anyone know what's going on with this feature at PhaseOne?
Thanks,
Bob

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Firmware update for IQ250 to enable this function was recently released. The Credo 50 had the function enabled right off the bat.

The IQ250 firmware update also included live-view over Wifi to an iOS device using Capture Pilot. The relevant updated version of Capture Pilot has been submitted to the app store, and is in Apple's purgatory awaiting formal release.

Firmware enabling this on the other IQ, IQ2 and Credo backs should be forthcoming, but I have no timetable for the release. I know they were working very hard to make this work well (or as well as can be expected) with the CCD backs despite their obviously slower read out speed.

rga

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Doug. Always appreciated. Glad it's still in the plans for the other IQ backs.
Best,
Bob

rga

Firmware 5.14 is here!

:)
Terrific! Looking forward to your results. :watch:;)

Do you know what this phrase means in the firmware release notes:
"Host capture is now possible with the Phase One Mamiya RZ67 Pro II Adapter, for all IQ digital backs with Hasselblad V mount."

Does it mean that P1 backs with the V mount will work on the the P1 Mamiya RZ67?

Thanks for seeing and reporting the firmware release Ken,
Bob