The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Heading to Alpa today

Steve Hendrix

In about 6 hours from now, Anthony Festa (CI Manager of Technical Services) and I will be on a plane headed to Switzerland for a week of the Alpa Treatment. :thumbup:

Otherwise known as advanced training on the Alpa products. Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to it! We invited Alpa to the USA last January to spend some time with us and help get us more quickly get up to speed on their products (we picked up the Alpa line in fall of 2013), and we've continued to increase our knowledge base since then, but spending a week at Alpa HQ is a great opportunity to get more depth on some of the products and situations we've encountered in their use. As well as to meet the entire Alpa team.

Can't wait!

We'll try and check in from time to time on the trip, but certainly will have a full report upon our return.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I think you need a photographer to go with you guys. You know that hard working test guy that crawls over and under nasty obstacles in crowded dim lit places. I'm referring to bars of course .:D

Have fun

dchew

Steve,
Have a great time! I was there last month. Wonderful people and great hospitality.

If the inventory doesn't make you giddy the wine will.

Dave

gerald.d

Have a good trip - I'm hoping to go visit sometime in the new year.

Can you find out when that cool new iPhone holder (the one that will be used on the Phase One collaboration) will be available?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

alvinjamur

Ah! I need to go visit Alpa, too. I've been an Alpa fan/user since 2007. Traded in the TC and SWA for the STC and XY-Mark IV. you guys at CI are awesome!

Dogs857

Great write up
It's always good to peer behind the curtain and see just what goes into getting these cameras into our hands.
I'm glad their driving force is quality over making massive profits.

Imagine how much those handgrips would cost then :)