The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P65+ or Aptus II-12

Jamgolf

To bring closure to this thread I wanted to mention that after looking at P65+, Aptus II 10, IQ1xx and Credo backs and then seeking pricing for each, given my quality+value criteria, I am getting a pre-owned Credo 60 via a partial-trade of equipment with another photographer.

Thank you very much to everyone for their comments here in this thread as well as via private messages. I am impressed by everyone's helpfulness demonstrated here.

This is a great forum indeed.

Thank you !

mmbma

the aptus 12 if you like the leaf look, and fo rme the rotating sensor is a deal clincher in itself. hard to change the back or rotate the camera when you are in the field

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
the aptus 12 if you like the leaf look, and fo rme the rotating sensor is a deal clincher in itself. hard to change the back or rotate the camera when you are in the field
It's not hard to do - it's just sphincter clinching .... (And there are folks here who have seen me ALMOST drop my IQ260 while doing it at Bass Harbour)

SHV

"It's not hard to do - it's just sphincter clinching......"
I dropped a CFV at Horseshoe Bend and caught it on top of my right foot as the back was going over the edge. I much more careful now!!

Steve

Jamgolf

"It's not hard to do - it's just sphincter clinching......"
I dropped a CFV at Horseshoe Bend and caught it on top of my right foot as the back was going over the edge. I much more careful now!!

Steve
Oh my ... I can't even imagine.
You'd want to save the back but not kill yourself in the process.
Glad that it worked out but too close for comfort.
I would probably just let it go and retire from photography :)

Paul2660

It's interesting what catches your attention. When I demoed the Arca I saw how easily the back locked with the single attachment point and the fact that it enables you to rotate the back with one hand. Release with left rotate with right and once back in place the Arca lock snaps back without any assistance.

As a shooter who rotates about 50 % of my shots this feature made a huge impression on me.

Paul

danlindberg

I am getting a pre-owned Credo 60
Congrats! I have had mine two years and I still love it! It works perfect and the files it produces are amazing. Even now with new types of backs out I would not change even if it was free of charge. For my style and kind of shooting it still is the best back for me.
Enjoy!! :thumbup:

Jamgolf

Congrats! I have had mine two years and I still love it! It works perfect and the files it produces are amazing. Even now with new types of backs out I would not change even if it was free of charge. For my style and kind of shooting it still is the best back for me.
Enjoy!! :thumbup:
Thanks Dan. Coming from you, about this choice, it means a lot.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It's interesting what catches your attention. When I demoed the Arca I saw how easily the back locked with the single attachment point and the fact that it enables you to rotate the back with one hand. Release with left rotate with right and once back in place the Arca lock snaps back without any assistance.

As a shooter who rotates about 50 % of my shots this feature made a huge impression on me.

Paul
You mean that you don't get a buzz from the abject terror whenever you remove your $37k MFDB and rotate it while standing on a rock by a raging surf? Pah!

:eek:

Jamgolf

I'm receiving my Credo 60 tonight but do not have a camera to test it yet.
Is there anything that I can check in the absence of a camera body?

Can I turn it on?
Inspect the sensor etc.?

Thanks

Pemihan

Yes you can definitely turn it on and go through the menus and such. And of course check the sensor.

You could also hurry up and build a pin hole camera :)
But then again you need something to trigger the back..

Peter