The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H5D-50c Live view firmware is available !!

f8orbust

In high demand, so I guess they can charge what they feel they can get. As a business, it's a nice problem to have.

Last one sold on eBay went for $11.5k, so they're not far off the mark; if you offered that you'd probably get it.

Best deal is to buy in Japan - if you can find one to buy, that is.

I wonder if this is going to be the best selling MFDB ever?

tjv

Maybe, if only they could introduce it with a iAdaptor mount, eh? Then it'd really fly out the door.

vjbelle

If someone is waiting around for a 10 grand back then I think they're in for a long wait. As F8 says..... this is in high demand. The price seems pretty reasonable to me.... if you want one then here it is....

Victor

darr

Hey Guys,

I purchased a CFV 50c from eBay. I did not pay the asking price and it was a little more than the first back we saw selling from Russia (?), but a lot less than B&H's price. I will post back after I receive it and test it.

Kind regards,
Darr

tjv

Woah! Well done! I really, really, really want to press buy now, but with Christmas coming and a young family, I thought I'd better wait it out until the next tax year. Really looking forward to hearing from you.

darr

Woah! Well done! I really, really, really want to press buy now, but with Christmas coming and a young family, I thought I'd better wait it out until the next tax year. Really looking forward to hearing from you.
Yes it was hard to stare at that button over a few days while I contemplated the purchase. The back has been shipped from Japan and is suppose to be here by 12/12. I will make time to test it as soon as I can and post some results.

Kind regards,
Darr

kdphotography

Yes it was hard to stare at that button over a few days while I contemplated the purchase. ....
I've often wondered what it would be like if we had a "Buy it Now" button at the GetDPI buy/sell section. But in retrospect think it would be a dangerous proposition, especially for Guy Mancuso. We could call it the "Guy it Now" button. :ROTFL:

ken

darr

Darr, don't leave us hanging! Love to hear what the new back is like!
Delayed delivery, but at least its in town!
I will be away from home tomorrow, but my son is visiting for the holidays so he can accept delivery. I promise to post as soon as I can. :)

modator

Darr,
me too, I'm very interested to know what you think about the new CVF50c, and to see some photos too !!

Well, it's time to say Happy Christmas to all !

Domenico.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Darr

Although the CFV-50c is no option for me (sensor size) I am looking forward to hear and see about your first experience and first images .

darr

I do have the beautiful CFV50c in my possession, but have only had a quick studio shoot to test it out. INCREDIBLE Live View -- goodbye ground-glass focusing! Give me another 24-48 hours before I can get out to really give it a workout. I will post my results in a new thread as soon as I can.

Kind regards,
Darr

ondebanks

I do have the beautiful CFV50c in my possession, but have only had a quick studio shoot to test it out. INCREDIBLE Live View -- goodbye ground-glass focusing! Give me another 24-48 hours before I can get out to really give it a workout. I will post my results in a new thread as soon as I can.

Kind regards,
Darr
You really should put it back in its packaging right now and keep it in a cupboard until the morning of December 25th (or the evening of December 24th in places like Denmark)...

...Yeah, right! ;)

Ray

darr

You really should put it back in its packaging right now and keep it in a cupboard until the morning of December 25th (or the evening of December 24th in places like Denmark)...

...Yeah, right! ;)

Ray
Not a chance, Ray!! :p

tjv

Really looking forward to hearing more!
Great that the live view is so good. I'd love to out the CFV-50c on my Techno with the new short stitching slide.

tjv

PS: Post some pics of the back on your camera in the Show us you tech camera thread. Love to see it on your setup.

f8orbust

So, if Google translate has got this right, the price is going to rise from 1,077,840 Yen / US$9k (including sales tax) to 1,706,400 Yen / US$15k (including sales tax).

I know the Yen hasn't performed that great of late, but a 58% increase - wow. That said, against the Euro, the Yen has only lost 2.78% in value since January. Against the US$ it's lost 12.78% (source: ft.com).

Curious that the price increase brings the back almost exactly in line with what it's being sold for in the US and UK (ex. VAT) ... could the exorbitant price hike have more to do with HB retailers outside of Japan complaining about the low price in Japan, than it has to do with the performance of the Yen against the Euro ?

If this is all true - what a shame - hoped that the era of insane ('reassuringly expensive') pricing was coming to an end...

Still, chin up - even at $15k it's a 'bargain' compared to the IQ150.