The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which SD card for Pentax 645D

tsjanik

Honestly, the camera is slow enough that it likely doesn't matter in terms of card speed. Reliability is another topic. SanDisk is a standard, but I've had good experience with others as well.

Jamgolf

I got some PNY Elite Performance 32GB SDHC 90 MB/s cards which speeded up things considerably (from FRYs Electronics).

I also got a SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC I 95 MB/s card but 645D had problems reading/writing to it.

Shashin

I have PNY 64GB SDXC cards for my 645D. I have also used PNY 16GB SDHC. Like Tom, I have not experienced a big difference in card performance. Make sure you are on the latest firmware for SDXC cards.

Ed Hurst

Yep - second what Will says. SDXC cards were the subject of a firmware update on the 645D. With that done, they work fine.

Ed Hurst

But don't expect to get a fast response from the camera, regardless of which cards you use.

Yep - second what Will says. SDXC cards were the subject of a firmware update on the 645D. With that done, they work fine.
When I had a 645D for a short while, I used it with Sandisk and Lexar 64GB SDXC UHS-I cards and sometimes it would give me corrupt images, less so with the Lexar. I suppose it may have been due to old firmware... I never had the chance to check it.