The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anybody using an ACTUS?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just curious how many are using an ACTUS and then with what lenses? I am considering an ACTUS set up for Hassy CF glass.

scho

I'm using the Actus with a Sony A7r and Hassy CF 40, 80, 120 and 4 Rodenstock Grandagons (45, 55, 75, 90) in copal 0 mount.

samples

Last edited:

Thomas Fallon

Interesting, but I am thinking it is too limited on extreme wides. I will probably go with Canon T/S on Sony A7r and hope for a megapixel boost soon.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Carl, how do the 40 and 80 CF lenses hold up at 100% pixel peeping? Resolution? CA??

scho

Carl, how do the 40 and 80 CF lenses hold up at 100% pixel peeping? Resolution? CA??
Jack,

Resolution is good with both lenses on center. The 40 shows some softening towards the edges. CA is not a major issue, but I do see some with the 40 in the corners with high contrast. There are links to a raw file from each lens below. I think that both were shot at f/11 using the Actus and A7r. I'm using the LF Grandagons more often now. They are sharp edge to edge and a lot lighter than the big Hassy lenses.

40mm Distagon

80mm Planar

scho

Interesting, but I am thinking it is too limited on extreme wides. I will probably go with Canon T/S on Sony A7r and hope for a megapixel boost soon.
True, if you are looking for single shot images with a wide perspective then the 17 and/or 24 T/S lenses are a better option. I am currently limited to about 50mm (LF) with the stock rear standard on the Actus, but I have a modified rear standard on on order that will at least let me use my 45 at infinity focus.