The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Certified Pre-Owned Price Cut

torger

The thing I find strange is the H4D-60 is ~twice the price of a H4D-50. Is the 60 that much of an improvement over the 50?
It's full-frame and has the Dalsa technology. Some thinks it's that an improvement, but it depends on what you shoot. Hasselblad has it's pricing all over the map nowadays it seems, sometimes seeming a bit disconnected. There's deals to make...

By the way, I saw that ON Semiconductor which now produces the "Kodak" KAF-50100 sensor used in the H4D-50/H5D-50 has published pricing on the sensor, it's $1600 (in volume I presume). I'm happy to see that they continue production. Anyway, I guess the Dalsa 60MP sensor is considerably more expensive, but clearly sensor cost is not a big factor in MFD camera pricing, if someone still thinks that after the 50MP Sony CMOS used in many products which very different price points. It's about low volumes, competition and what people are prepared to pay.