The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IR Cover Glass H3D-22 and H2-22

jmosier01

So I recently had my H3D-22 upgraded and now notice a major difference in the color coming out of the H3D-22 vs my H2-22. Knowing that the H2 is the original cover glass, does anyone know if simply changing to the newer cover glass for the H2-22 would give them the same or very very close color? Is the physical sensor different? I've always assumed the H3D-22/39 were rebranded (says H3D on the back instead of Ixpress CFH) and the differences were on the body itself. Would love some insight on this.

Thanks!
Jeff

Steve Hendrix

So I recently had my H3D-22 upgraded and now notice a major difference in the color coming out of the H3D-22 vs my H2-22. Knowing that the H2 is the original cover glass, does anyone know if simply changing to the newer cover glass for the H2-22 would give them the same or very very close color? Is the physical sensor different? I've always assumed the H3D-22/39 were rebranded (says H3D on the back instead of Ixpress CFH) and the differences were on the body itself. Would love some insight on this.

Thanks!
Jeff

Jeff, you say that you "had your H3D-22 upgraded". Upgraded how and by whom?

There were differences in IR Filters over the years for the Hasselblad products (as well as Phase/Leaf, etc) and the variety of filters could produce at least somewhat different color fidelity as the amount of IR pass typically differed between these filters. Hard to say if what you are seeing is due to this, without quantifying what you mean by "major difference".

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

jmosier01

Hey Steve,

I believe when I recently sent in my h3d-22 they replaced the ir cover glass with the newer h3dii-22/39 cover glass. But the differences in color is between the h2-22 and h3d-22. It's not a huge deal and can be mostly corrected, but SOC the colors from the h3d-22 are simply better to my eye.