The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One P20 on Tech Cam?

Pemihan

I may have the opportunity to acquire a P20 for a very reasonable price and maybe play around with it for projects where I don't need the resolution of my IQ160.

But! Does it play well with tech cam lenses? Or is it similar to the P30 which doesn't?

Peter

torger

As far as I know the P20 is the 16MP square version of the 22MP P25, 9um pixels without microlenses so it should work very well. The P21 on the other hand will not, it's that one that's similar to P30.

Pemihan

Thanks Anders, yes you're right, it is just a smaller version of the P25 sensor so should work very well.

weinlamm

It's great on Tech Cam. :thumbup:

I use it very often for stiching with 55mm. Somewhere in the direction of 8.000x4.000 pixel is enough. ;)
20mm left, center, 20mm right.
In this case you have to have a look for the different in white balance. - But it works nearly the same as LCC.

To get the same white balance I did some time ago a white balance shoot with plexi in front of (same plexi I use for LCC). Adjusted + saved. And now I'm using this for set the white balance (but I allways use my back in "daylight"-mode).