The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica s lenses firmware, can't find it

msadat

does anybody know or has the latest lens firmware for leica s lenses. i can not find it on their site. thx

thrice

It's built into the body firmware. The reason for the warnings on some of the rear lens caps is to ensure you update the body firmware prior to mounting the lens to ensure it is also updated and everything behaves as it should.

If the lens needs a new firmware you will get a message when mounting it onto a body with up-to-date firmware and it will do the update.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Take a look at the camera firmware ...pretty sure the lens firmware is included in the camera firmware download .

msadat

so my s2 is @ 1.4 and when i try to load the 1.4 to update the lenses, it goes through the process of loading the firmware, it shows loading file and it quickly goes back to regular camera mode

Last edited:

msadat

you might be right, i am going to chk the firmware against another lens of the same focal length to be sure.

erlingmm

Do you have an S2 or an S006? I think there is a slight difference, the S006 will automatically update lens FW.
When I had the S2 there was a separate lens FW, and update had to be done manually for each lens.
It is all on Leica Owners area, if you register your camera there.

msadat

i have an s2 and yes i remember it was a separate upgrade, i can not find it on the site any more

Do you have an S2 or an S006? I think there is a slight difference, the S006 will automatically update lens FW.
When I had the S2 there was a separate lens FW, and update had to be done manually for each lens.
It is all on Leica Owners area, if you register your camera there.