The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa FPS and CFV50c

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I know that I'm going to regret asking this but is anyone shooting with the Alpa FPS and Hasselblad CFV50c combination?

Just really interested in hearing about the sync experience between the back/body (which I would expect to be seamless and perfect) and experiences overall. Any surprises?

Thanks in advance.

PSon

This is a great question and very useful for members here. Based on my experiences, the Hasselblad digital back works really well with any electronic shutter including the old Rollei 6008AF camera. However, the sync to older mechanical shutter is rather challenging at times. For example, the old Hasselblad C lens Compur and ALPA copal shutters do not work on the CF digital backs unless a double cable release is used in conjunction with the workflow. However, the CF, CFi, CFE, and CB lens mechanical shutters did fairly well. The CF back also works seamlessly on all electronic shutters such as the Contax 645, Mamiya 645 AFD and Rollei 6008AF. Therefore, despite we do not have this combination as a workflow to report, we can extrapolate that the electronic shutter on the ALPA FPS to be able to communicate with the Hasselblad CFV-50c without a problem.

Also to be fair to Hasselblad, I had difficulty with other brands of digital backs on old mechanical shutters such as the Hasselblad Compur, Copal and etc.

Last edited:
Hi Voidshatter

Thanks very much for those shots - very interesting as I'm looking to change to an FPS this year. Good to know that the 17 TS_E can cover even the IQ260 with a bit of shift. Is it me or does the IQ250 have a warmer, more saturated look to the images? I've been fairly disappointed with the IQ260 colours, especially for landscapes around dawn and dusk. For commercial work its neutral colours are fantastic but it seems to be missing the magic of the P45+ IMHO.
Would be interested to see how the CFV-50c compares.