The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H5D-50c WiFi ?

modator

Another News :

The H5D-50c WiFi is equipped with a New Firmware Version 3.6.8R
when the latest firmware available on Hasselblad web is 3.5.9R, It's clear the wifi module require a differentiation in firmware because the new module program...

My upgraded body is arrived today thanks Hasselblad and the guys at the shop where I bought the camera, the upgrade took near 4 days plus shipping for a total of 6 working days (they are very fast)...

If in this Easter Holidays I find the time and inspiration I will make a little report about functions / possibility and weakness of the unplugged 50c !

Best, Domenico.

modator

First of all Happy Easter to all !

This morning I've made a little review of how WiFi is functioning using the iPad and Phocus mobile... here's the video I've put on Youtube:

http://youtu.be/TebqC9ZdKJg

Best, Domenico.

Last edited:

tjv

Look good. A bit sluggish on the wireless live view, but otherwise it looks great. I'm hoping to buy one of these kits for work soon and this would be a great feature in the studio, even if wireless live view isn't something we'd use all that often.

modator

Look good. A bit sluggish on the wireless live view, but otherwise it looks great. I'm hoping to buy one of these kits for work soon and this would be a great feature in the studio, even if wireless live view isn't something we'd use all that often.
Well, the refresh rate full screen is little slower than the in camera live view, this because the iPad resolution is very high i think, but when the live view is zoomed 100% is more quick... The focus system with the two arrow is less precise than the version in Phocus and require some step to tune the correct focus as you can see, the Focus Mobile software is at it's first versions and it possible to improve it.

I found also that Phocus is firewire oriented and for now it doesn't see the wifi camera.. I think now Hasselblad have to improve their software a little more.

Best, Domenico.

tjv

When I tested the live view on back I was very impressed with the refresh rate and clarity. I wouldn't expect miracles over wifi. Thanks for sharing.