The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H5D-50c WiFi ?

modator

Hello,
i start this thread to Ask Your opinion About the WiFi upgrade or the WiFi version of the H5d ....

Is There anyone thinking or that have already done the upgrade to WiFi ?

Is There someone that early uses the WiFi version ?

Any info ? It's reliable ? Problems ? Issues ?

andrew wuttke

Hello

I have the h5d-50c and will be upgrading to the wifi model when it becomes available

the Australian dealer told me the upgrade will be available in March so still waiting

it will be nice to show clients on an ipad rather than the camera screen (which is still not very good)

Andrew

modator

This is an interesting update, also here I've hear About some delay about the upgrade.
Definitely it's possible that there are very few or none at All H5D-50c WiFi out, that's why I've started this thread, maybe in the next weeks we have the first real world impression over the WiFi version and the Upgrades !

Best, Domenico.

Udo

Hi,

according to Hasselblad Germany there was a delay again for launching the wifi model. But they expect it to be shipped daily.

Regards,
Udo

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Would WiFi make sense on the CFV-50c ?
i know you would have restricted functions , but you might see your image in life view for example on an iPAD .

modator

Would WiFi make sense on the CFV-50c ?
i know you would have restricted functions , but you might see your image in life view for example on an iPAD .
For now I hear only about the WiFi on the H5D-50c Backs, but I think they can make it also available for CFV's, but it's difficult to say if it's an upgrade Hasselblad want to implement, the use in this case is only related to Live View and / or to change some setting trough an Ipad / iphone etc.

I don't know how it works definitely but if it permit live view at 100% crop on a retina display it would be much better than the good live view of the back...

Best, Domenico.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
With a CFV-50c having WiFi , you could set up your tech camera very similar to this wonderful P1 A-Series camera , Ray shows in the TECH CAMERA PORTRAIT thread .

modator

Today looking at Hasselblad website I've found they have updated the H5D Manual including all the WiFi menu innstruction and operations...

Thats the version 11 ...

In the wait someone test it in the reality just have a look...

Best, Domenico.

jlm

Workshop Member
i gotta say using that alpa/i-phone/wi-fi hook up seems ridiculous given the beautiful compact nature of the TC/STC

what, your just taken or live view image wi-fi's over the net to the world at large, then back to your phone, 2" away?

Udo

i gotta say using that alpa/i-phone/wi-fi hook up seems ridiculous given the beautiful compact nature of the TC/STC

what, your just taken or live view image wi-fi's over the net to the world at large, then back to your phone, 2" away?
John, not sure if I got you right, but Hasselblad's H5D50c with Wi-Fi offers two different modes, i.e. client and direct mode. The latter works as an adhoc network which can be accessed either by iPhone or iPad. So no worldwide sharing ;-) and no computer necessary.

regards Udo

modator

Today I've received a mail with some encouraging information about the arrival of the WiFi versions:

HASSELBLAD H5D50C WIFI: SURRENDER BEGINS.
The long-awaited delivery of the Hasselblad H5D50c WIFI begins now probably in the next week. If you have not ordered yet, would now have the opportunity to correct it....

It come from a german online shop, and I think the wait now is only questions of days...

jotloob

Subscriber Member
John

That new iPHONE holder is a kind of "contamination" for the beautiful design of the TC , as much as the older holders .
I did not think of an iPHONE but of an iPAD together with a possible WiFi in the
CFV-50c . I don't give up hope for that .

stephengilbert

"That new iPHONE holder is a kind of "contamination" for the beautiful design of the TC...."

Right; iPhones should only be used on an STC. :)

modator

A swedish shop have received the first batch of H5D-50c WiFi....
To sell them all to IKEA...

https://www.facebook.com/Goecker.AB?fref=nf

Well IKEA is famous for low cost furniture... now making photos with four H5D-50c can increase a little their prices.....

For today it's all,

maybe tomorrow i go to IKEA to ask if the new H5D wifi works.... :ROTFL:

modator

H5D-50c WiFi news....

At the moment the informations about who had the upgrade are very low,
yesterday I've read on "luminous landscape" a message of a newbie user that said he had the upgraded H5D and it's working,
then, he list some function (taken from the pdf manual), he talk also about the purple error that occur sometime (rarely) in zoom live view... but it's a known problem also when tethered....

I'm waiting some other test if someone have time to write about...

Best regards, Domenico.

modator

Hello

I have the h5d-50c and will be upgrading to the wifi model when it becomes available

the Australian dealer told me the upgrade will be available in March so still waiting

it will be nice to show clients on an ipad rather than the camera screen (which is still not very good)

Andrew
Hi Andrew,
What About Your Upgraade enquiry in Australia ?

Here the situation is still the same, for now I had a talk from an Italian dealer that said there are again delay, also he didn't received any WiFi 50c since now, and told me that hasselblad have troubles with homologation In europe of their WiFi module, and for now it's not available also the upgrade.....
But the upgrade offer period is colse to it's end !!

There out others that have collect any info About this never ending story ??

Best Regards, Domenico.

Udo

Hi Domenico,

I cannot comment on the wifi upgrade opportunity, but I received my H5D50c WiFi end of February form Nicky at Hasselblad UK. Yes, there was another delay of a week or two due to licensing processes. Hope this helps.

Regards, Udo

modator

Hi Domenico,

I cannot comment on the wifi upgrade opportunity, but I received my H5D50c WiFi end of February form Nicky at Hasselblad UK. Yes, there was another delay of a week or two due to licensing processes. Hope this helps.

Regards, Udo
Thank's Udo,
When have spare time please tell About it, how it works etc !

Today I've received a conforting Mail from a shop in sweden that says they now can sell the Upgrades to WiFi.... But only To swedish customers etc...
Any way this tell's that the route is parcticable and the WiFi board is reliable for the market....

Best regards, Domenico.

modator

Today I found some thechnical specifications About the WiFi in H5D's

Frequency Range : 2412.0 - 2462.0 MHz
Output Watts: 0.178 W

About the power I think it's very good value, and certainly it is possible to operate the camera to a distance around 50m or far, or inside a big set room without connection problems... At All...

According to the feature of the module I think the battery capacity is reduced (if wifi is used) by around 20% of time / capacity.

I found also some interesting documentation that states there is also Bluetooth and 5 GHz band capability in the module.... BUT both are disabled.

There are no information if this disabled functions in future will be available to the user, maybe Hasselblad will use them in the future H6D model ?
Who knows......

Anyway Happy Easter to All !!
Domenico.

modator

And...

For who is curious to see the WiFi module fitted inside the H5D-50c and it's proportions here's a photo

Considering the dimension I think it is possible in future to see a CFV-50c WiFi maybe next Year...

The WiFi module It's very tiny measuring only 14.8 x 22.3 x 2.9 mm it's like a post stamp...

Domenico.