The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Actus and CFV-50c

jlm

Workshop Member
MOQ?
minimum order quantity or metaphysics of quality (courtesy of S gilbert)

probably do production runs of five pieces

Last edited:

tjv

The adaptors are brilliant, buy I want to see more photos made with the back and camera combination!

jlm

Workshop Member
me too; had a nasty winterhere in NYC, snow piles black with debris, cigarette butts and dog s. just now going away. will get out this weekend

jlm

Workshop Member
first day of spring and NYC gets 5" snow; melting today.

just noticed you can see two of my several shop windows in the far building behind the traffic light: next-to-top floor, left corner and next to it

rodie 32, some tilt, some swing, no LCC applied.

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
brooklyn war memorial; about 10mm shift (then cropped the top) had a bit of magenta in the upper left that an lcc would have corrected easily.

32mm with the shift

all of these with the Actus, focusing with live view in quite bright conditions. I use the rodie 3cm x 3 cm, 3x loupe to shield the lcd and magnify

Paul2660

Jim

Nice shots. A couple of questions.

Do you use the CF on your 32mm? Are you considering a mount for Arca R mounts? If you need a loaner R mount lens I can offer you a 35SK.

Thanks.
Paul

jlm

Workshop Member
no cf used (I'm too cheap; thought i would see how it goes first)

i'm interested in the loaner lens;

pm me

cyron123

Hi John, could you do this for an Linhof Technika lens board too? I've think there are a lot of old lenses with Technika boards in the wild..
Thank you.
Best Cyron

Shashin

got over the hump with the Cambo WRS mounted lens to fit actus. had to digitize the curved shape and get the pocket machined to fit.

barely had time to sneak in one picture, taken at chez moi: Rodie 32, with some swing

What really stands out is that someone else listens to Nina Simone...

jlm

Workshop Member
courtesy of Lance at Digital Transitions, i am working on the Arca adapter right now. naturally, they use a totally different mounting scheme; not a bayonet, not clips, but interrupted internal threads, with an indexed start of pitch.

Paul2660

Yes, Arca will be a bit difficult due to the threaded bayonet mount, which is similar in design to how a diving helmet attaches.

Acra sells a plate for the M2, and or DSLR2, which has these threads. It ships with the DSLR2 configuration, and something very similar to what will come with the Universalis. I am not sure if Arca sells just the plate however, but here is a picture of it. You can see that it fits into a recessed mount on the front part of the DSLR2.

Paul

PHP:

Steve Hendrix

Yes, Arca will be a bit difficult due to the threaded bayonet mount, which is similar in design to how a diving helmet attaches.

Acra sells a plate for the M2, and or DSLR2, which has these threads. It ships with the DSLR2 configuration, and something very similar to what will come with the Universalis. I am not sure if Arca sells just the plate however, but here is a picture of it. You can see that it fits into a recessed mount on the front part of the DSLR2.

Paul

PHP:

Keep in mind that - unlike the Alpa and Cambo mounted lenses for their technical cameras - due to the helical focus ring not being part of the lens assembly, the lenses in Arca Swiss R bayonet can simple be unscrewed and connected to a standard Cambo 0 Lensboard for the Actus.

But if John designs an Arca R Bayonet board for the Cambo Actus, that will provide some nice convenience.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

Keep in mind that - unlike the Alpa and Cambo mounted lenses for their technical cameras - due to the helical focus ring not being part of the lens assembly, the lenses in Arca Swiss R bayonet can simple be unscrewed and connected to a standard Cambo 0 Lensboard for the Actus.

But if John designs an Arca R Bayonet board for the Cambo Actus, that will provide some nice convenience.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
That was my point on a different thread. If I want to use both RM3di & Actus DB, then John's board will be very useful. However, If I switch from RM3di to Actus DB, then re-mounting to standard Cambo 0 Lensboard is not expensive, $159 per lens + $20 tool kit.

We have lot to discuss and explore in Tahoe in couple of weeks.

Subrata

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Oh yes ... Alpa guys too. The Actus DB with a CMOS back is a game changer. I won't be swapping my Alpa but the idea of adding the Actus DB and some native lenses on lens boards does sound interesting.

jlm

Workshop Member
diving helmet method is a pia. turns out they use a .6mm thread. in my shop i have thread mills for .5mm and .75mm, and have roughed out the fit and the overall part, but the final threading will have to wait until i can get the .6mm insert.

i may disregard the thread solution entirely and use a clip similar to the other methods. holding the lens itself would be fine, but any arca extenders fitted to the lens that also use the threads would not fit my board.
comments?

jlm

Workshop Member
finally getting to play a bit. found my Lee WA 100mm bellows even with the polarizer does not vignette with the 32 rodie