The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Pano's

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Finally getting around to processing some of the pano captures I took on our Moab trip in Autopano Pro. The more I use this program, the more I like it. Here is one from Canyon De Chelley early AM. This was 4 frames captured with the 35 AF lens on my Mamiya/Phase outfit in horizontal orientation, all raws processed in C1 *with* 35 AF lens corrections applied, output to 8-bit tiffs. Then assembled in APP, then final tweaks in CS4. Original is about 18k pixels wide total -- I may just have to print this one -- tough to see but there are horses visible near the river on the RH upper arm (look like a white and black dot in this 2400 pixel jpeg), and I of course will crop or edit the sign at the LH side ;). Click on the 1200 pixel version below for a 2400 pixel version. Hope you enjoy it:

Cheers,

D

DougDolde

Jack, If that's intended to be an endorsement of the Cube, you've succeeded wildly. Or if it's not you've still succeeded wildly.

This is one spectacular image !

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob, I will edit to post a 1200 pix version linked to the 2400 version.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack, If that's intended to be an endorsement of the Cube, you've succeeded wildly. Or if it's not you've still succeeded wildly.

This is one spectacular image !
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, the captures were done on the Cube with a simple RRS sliding rail to adjust nodal point.

Cheers,

etrump

Few more P30+ panos:

dual 3 shot HDR images stitched after tone mapping in Photomatix:

Sneffel's Range (6 shot):

Escalante (5 shot stitch):

BlasR

I shot this one in Monument Valley of the North window. It is 9 shots with a Mamiya 150mm lens. I just redid this one and added a bit of sky to it. I have another in Moab that I want to redo also but this is a blast to do. Show us what you have done

Guy,

the is beautiful.

BlasR

woodyspedden

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, the captures were done on the Cube with a simple RRS sliding rail to adjust nodal point.

Cheers,
Jack

Having shot from that location many times i find your image the most satisfying I have yet seen. The ability to do stitched panoramas is doing wonders for these wide vista scenes. Using normal lenses, even very wide ones, does not capture the valley at Canyon de Chelly like this does. It is making me think of many other places I have shot (and failed) and would now like to return and shoot the panoramas.

Super

Woody

Autopano Pro allows only one user on one computer? No loading onto the laptop for the field and the desktop for processing? I'm not keen on paying $145 per computer .....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack

Having shot from that location many times i find your image the most satisfying I have yet seen. The ability to do stitched panoramas is doing wonders for these wide vista scenes. Using normal lenses, even very wide ones, does not capture the valley at Canyon de Chelly like this does. It is making me think of many other places I have shot (and failed) and would now like to return and shoot the panoramas.

Super

Woody
thanks Woody! Just in the process of working it up to print -- should be very nice!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Autopano Pro allows only one user on one computer? No loading onto the laptop for the field and the desktop for processing? I'm not keen on paying $145 per computer .....
I installed it on both no problem...