The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format Pano's

Don Libby

This might not seem to be a very exciting image on the surface however it represents my first multiple image panorama using the Cube and Novoflex combination.

4 shot image, Phase AFD, 75-150 lens came out to 51x17.

Now to find a better location to shoot!

Don

Don Libby

I wanted to test the limits of both the Cube and RS this morning so I did a test. Standing in my backyard I put the RS with a 72mm lens attached onto the Cube all attached to the tripod. I leveled the RS using the Cube then began taking images from left to right beginning at the furthest point at 20mm working my way right at 10mm increments for a total of 5 images. I opened the images directly into Bridge and photomerged from there. I didn't do any LLC or other type of post processing although looking at the images color I know I needed to. What I was looking for was the type of image I could obtain doing what I did; if I worried about the content I would have gone somewhere else.

What I found was that I can produce a single row panorama using the Cube/RS combination at measures 16.64x43.553 inches. I know I can do multiple row/column images with the RS so the next test will be using the Cube/Phase AFD along with either my 28 or 75-150 lens and will try a multiple row/column merge.

I want to try this out prior to meeting Ken next month in Canyon de Chelly.

Don

Don Libby

just completed a two row by 3 column shot using a combination of the Cube and Phase AFD along with a 28mm lens. I found the markings on the Cube to be very friendly and returnable shooting the first row then moving upwards to the second row. Again while this might not have been the greatest subject matter I can see where the Cube can be used to do multiple row image merges.

Here's two sample images:

The first just after it was merged while the second shows what I feel is a usable crop. No post processing has been done as I wanted to leave it as it came from the camera and yes I can see the dark streak in the sky right of center. The object of this was to see if I could obtain a multiple row/column image using the Cube and I proved to myself it can be done.

While I think I proved what I set out to I also proved (at least to me) that you just can't beat a technical camera for flat multiple image stitching.

Gotta run

Don