The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

International Landscape Photography Competition

Dogs857

Ahoy All

This is run through an Australian bloke named Peter Eastway. Last year the majority of entries were from Oz and NZ and they are hoping to grow the competition to attract a true worldwide audience.

So anyone who likes a good landscape and doesn't mind a group of strangers judging your work, check out the link below and good luck.

Internationational Landscape Photographer Of The Year

By the way I have no affiliation with this except as an entrant, I just thought people might be interested.

yatlee

Is it common that a competition ask you to pay to enter?

ENTRY FEES

The Entry Fee is US $25 per image for the first three Entries.
The fee for four Entries is US $80, and then additional Entries are US $20 each.
Fees are payable using Paypal, Mastercard or Visa. (To use Mastercard or Visa, you will be directed to the Paypal system, but you will be able to use your credit card instead.)
If you wish to be eligible for the International Landscape Photographer of the Year Award, you will need to enter at least four different entries. However, a single Entry is all that's required for inclusion in the Book, or to win the International Landscape Photograph of the Year Award.
There's no limit to the number of images you can enter.

stephengilbert

Yat,

A quick Google search suggests that these contest are becoming a cottage industry. Last year's version of this one drew over two thousand entries, and there appear to be several similar contests.

Steve

Dogs857

Steve

You know I had never considered it that way. I enter these things on occasion for a bit of fun, I never considered it a business model.

Stay tuned for "Dogs Landscape Photographer of the Universe" competition coming your way soon. :D

yatlee

I'm all for it if they say the entry fee will be donated to charity, but no to pay a consulting fee to people to judge my photo. Thanks but no thanks. ;-)

MILESF

As Steve has pointed out these competitions are proliferating. Being cynical we pay to enter, they publish and sell a book. In return some people get recognition, raised profiles and the satisfaction of seeing their work in print. Someone makes money which I don't have a problem with provded the competition does what it says on the tin.

I've heard grumbling in relation to this particular competition that last year's winner is a close mate of the person running the competition. They're both great photographers but if you want to build credibility for an "International Landscape Photographer of the Year" competition then I think perhaps you need a broad, diverse and international judging panel.

Perhaps take a look at "ND5" on the web.

Chris Valites

I will say that the Communication Arts Photo Annual and PDN Photo Annuals are judged/juryied, and they both have entrance fees. Definitely the norm these days...