The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CF for HR 23

kimyeesan

Hi, I have a question regarding CF for HR23. Could someone with this setup share their experience in regards whther the CF will help with the flaring issue inherent with the HR23 (Orange blob in the middle of the frame)?

I am trying to figure out a way to generally solve the flare. I have used the hood from Alpa, but it doesn't help, I don't reammy like the bellow hood from LEE, so, it's now the CF I am considering? Any advice?

jagsiva

The CF does not help with the flare. It is, however, key for better LCC results, noise in corners, and much better controlled vignetting. I find it a must with this lens.

I think the only workable solution for the flare is one of those massive box hoods. I have avoided getting one just due to the bulk. I have a pretty good feel for when the lens flares, and usually use my body or something similar to block. I also check and double check the capture to make sure there is no flare as it really kills the shot.

kimyeesan

So am I correct in saying that this lens will need the massive bellow hood no matter what. The one from Alpa is completely useless?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes - or your hand/hat etc. I would say that the propensity to flare is actually worse with the CF too. But, LCC is much cleaner.