The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

is this IQ150/Credo 50 pricing for real?

jagsiva

Guys, as we suspected, it could just have been a mistake. Perhaps should not have happened twice (first on IQ150, then on Credo 50), but I doubt there is enough margin for just one dealer to run such an aggressive promo without Phase involved.

Paul2660

Personally I don't see it as a mistake as they prepped their site and cart. The website also agreed with the numbers in your email and others also received the same pricing. They may have jumped the gun however. This is how Phase has marketed packages before mainly the IQ140 and Credo 40.

Only they know.

Paul

vjbelle

The 150 has only the 1 year warranty, no value add offering, and no WiFi. As I understand it everything else is the same. Both have live view.

Paul
Not true...... a 2 year value added can be purchased for the Leaf any time during the first year.

Victor

Paul2660

Not true...... a 2 year value added can be purchased for the Leaf any time during the first year.

Victor
I was not aware Leaf offered any value add type of warranty on the Credo's, where a loaner back is shipped out during the repair. I knew they had a 3 year warranty, that was all.

Good to know.

Paul

vjbelle

I was not aware Leaf offered any value add type of warranty on the Credo's, where a loaner back is shipped out during the repair. I knew they had a 3 year warranty, that was all.

Good to know.

Paul
Leaf does not offer a loaner back during their warranty period - at least that I know of. The value added is to extend the warranty for an additional 2 years. I doubt whether I'll purchase it..... I have never had an issue with any digital back that I have owned and I currently have both the IQ180 and Leaf 50. All of my stuff is insured for any kind of damage including my being real clumsy.

Victor

Mitch

This in my inbox this morning.

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for your email, and interest in our promo. This a UK offer only, are you based in the UK? Please advise and I will be happy to discuss things from there.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Martin
Teamwork Digital

41-42 Foley Street T +44 (0) 20 7323 6455
London W1W 7JN F +44 (0) 20 7436 5212
United Kingdom E [email protected]

On 22 Mar 2015, at 23:11, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

I would like to buy your IQ150, DF+ kit advertised on your site. Please advise what to do next. Can do PP or wire txfr.

Mitch
307 250-2985

gerald.d

This kind of geographic market segregation should have died out years ago.

Maybe there's a UK equivalent to myus.com?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

ChrisLivsey

Pity they can't update the rest of the Teamwork site with such alacrity.
S/H list from 12/02/15 and still "gift ideas" for Christmas - 2014 !!

Generally:
Are the S/H back prices for the "older" generation backs going South everywhere?

A P30 (not plus) sold for £1730 (looked legit from Sweden)
P25 non plus again is sticking at £2,000 from a dealer
a P30+ sticking at £3,000
H3D 39 several sold around £3,000
H4D 50 went for £5,000 WITH 80mm lens looked good

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This in my inbox this morning.

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for your email, and interest in our promo. This a UK offer only, are you based in the UK? Please advise and I will be happy to discuss things from there.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Martin
Teamwork Digital

41-42 Foley Street T +44 (0) 20 7323 6455
London W1W 7JN F +44 (0) 20 7436 5212
United Kingdom E [email protected]

On 22 Mar 2015, at 23:11, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

I would like to buy your IQ150, DF+ kit advertised on your site. Please advise what to do next. Can do PP or wire txfr.

Mitch
307 250-2985
Well Mitch, I still have a UK address and accent if it helps ...

ChrisLivsey

Where did you see that, very tempting at that price?
Hasselblad H4D-50 + HC802.8 with box | eBay

Looked legit, and believe me I have reported so many fraud attempts on Hasselblad gear you wouldn't believe.
Low feedback but answered question as expected if I'd been more interested I would have done more due diligence but I thought it would go higher and waste my time checking. Only query is nothing in feedback on this deal.
Given the issues I would always buy from a known dealer but these prices are a useful lever.

There is a body only for £5,500 BIN and known seller, posts on another site we all know.

Mitch

Well Mitch, I still have a UK address and accent if it helps ...
Graham-- I have been lusting to use live view on my Rm. Seriously, do you think we could avoid VAT? Pretty compelling price without VAT. Short of that,
Peter's 250 would be the simpler deal. I am scheduled for a total Rt knee replacement next week so by the time I could make use of it this pricing could change. Dante, on the other hand, is insisting... GET IT NOW.
Mitch

Pemihan

I completely agree, my 250 would be the simpler deal and on top of that you get wifi and a personal greeting card from me :D :angel:
Ohh and no VAT to boot :bugeyes:

carl-b

Graham-- I have been lusting to use live view on my Rm. Seriously, do you think we could avoid VAT? Pretty compelling price without VAT. Short of that,
Peter's 250 would be the simpler deal. I am scheduled for a total Rt knee replacement next week so by the time I could make use of it this pricing could change. Dante, on the other hand, is insisting... GET IT NOW.
Mitch
You can't avoid VAT if the delivery address is in the UK, as Teamwork would be obliged to charge the VAT on a purchase. As it is a UK only promotion, i'm not sure if there is a way to buy it and then claim the VAT back on a personal export from HMRC?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You can't avoid VAT if the delivery address is in the UK, as Teamwork would be obliged to charge the VAT on a purchase. As it is a UK only promotion, i'm not sure if there is a way to buy it and then claim the VAT back on a personal export from HMRC?
Yes the VAT would be levied unless delivered outside the UK (and if shipped to the U.S. there would presumably be import duty). A personal export as described would allow for a vat reclaim when leaving the uk but you would have to pay vat at the time of purchase.

You'd probably need to think in terms of service/warranty too.

Peter's private sale IQ250 with its longer warranty and wifi probably is the most attractive option today :)

Mitch: live view on a technical camera IS a complete game changer in my experience so far. I'm rethinking why I would ever not shoot with my Alpa vs any MF dslr since I'm a landscape shooter. The compelling use cases for my Sony A7r setups with t/s lenses when I travel also are diminished too - the CMOS back and 4 lenses isn't any bigger or heavier than my Sonys and lenses.

f8orbust

So, you'd have to be in the UK and Teamwork would need to be registered for the VAT Export Scheme.

This UK Govt. page has all the necessary info.

Mitch

GrahamWelland Mitch: live view on a technical camera IS a complete game changer in my experience so far. I'm rethinking why I would ever not shoot with my Alpa vs any MF dslr since I'm a landscape shooter. The compelling use cases for my Sony A7r setups with t/s lenses when I travel also are diminished too - the CMOS back and 4 lenses isn't any bigger or heavier than my Sonys and lenses.[/QUOTE said:
Graham: A bit OT but, yes those are my instincts. For me the carry-on kit would be the Factum, SK60 (pretty much lives on camera), SK120 (again for weight), plus
MM and a couple of lenses. Gotta have my Cube, tho

Paul2660

The SK60 is one lens that no one has really tried yet and I hope it does well also. The first testing done a year ago there were some reported issues with the SK60 with shifts. Hope to test one soon.

Paul