The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

is this IQ150/Credo 50 pricing for real?

jagsiva

Received an email from Teamworks photo yesterday with an IQ150/DF+ kit price of 13995GBP and today for Credo50/DF+ for 12250GBP. This puts these in a reasonable spot with the Hassey back.

In case it is real, and anyone one is interested, I thought I'd put it out there.

Paul2660

That's arounf $21K US for a new back and DF which is considerably less than the 30K list price of the 150 by itself. (I rounded up from 29950).

It also makes sense on the DF+ as the new bodupy is coming sometime this year so I am sure Phase wants to move the remaining DF+ bodies.

It will be interesting to see the US dealer channel comes out with a similar offer.

On your side of the pond that's a great offer indeed.

Paul

jagsiva

Paul, I have bought a few things from them in the past and they are quite reputable. Not sure what the shipping policy is with Phase as most manufacturers don't let dealers ship across territories, but VAT would not be charged on orders shipping out of the UK.

Egor

Wow! Bummer, I wish I could have waited a few months for that price break! Bought in November last year. Oh well, knew the job was dangerous when I took it! ;)
Just thought I had 6mths price protection instead of 4. Things move quickly in MFD I guess.

f8orbust

Yeah it is for real, Teamwork have been around for ages, I've bought from then on a number of occasions.

Since the DF+ is around £4k (~US$6k) on its own, this basically puts the IQ150 @ £10k (~US$15k) and the Credo 50 @ £8250 (~US$12k). In terms of the DBs with the CMOS chip, the Credo 50 now looks like the pick of the bunch in terms of price vs performance.

Following jlm's thread on using the CFV-50c with a Cambo Actus, you can appreciate just how much of a killer feature true live view is, and the possibilities it opens up. I was holding out for a used IQ180, but now I'm not so sure (though obviously this pricing is going to have a knock on effect for virtually every other DB in the used market place, so we'll see).

Paul2660

Officially not sure if this is a price break worldwide as no US dealer is showing this pricing that I can see. Surprising to see this much of a out of line pricing with Phase One however.

Paul

jagsiva

Agreed, I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow when the dealers on this forum can comment. I am thinking this has to be a mistake for two reasons. Firstly, there would have been a lot of fanfare if there was such a significant drop, and secondly, it would be quite out of character for Phase.

On the other hand, I doubt TW would have made a mistake on both the IQ and the Credo pricing if it was a typo.

This makes the 50MP CMOS back just a little above the IQ140. This would, of course, be a more reasonable and natural price point from my perspective.

Paul2660

What confirms it for me on your side is the email you have and their published website price.

The only thing that concerns me is that in their site when you click on the IQ150 the next box says click for a quote. So they won't allow you to make a web purchase at this price even though they list it at this price. That's a bit strange.

It also seems to only apply to the IQ150/DF+ package. If you hit any other Phase One camera option, then the price is a quote only. It also states "While supplies last", so it seems they may have made a special purchase from Phase. It's anyone's guess, but you can add it to the cart!

Paul

Last edited:

gazwas

I got this email and was shocked at the price cut, especially compared to the IQ250. What is missing off the 150 to get this price difference, live view?

Is this a move in reaction to something Sony has up its sleeve and is about to announce......? Very unlike P1!

Paul2660

The 150 has only the 1 year warranty, no value add offering, and no WiFi. As I understand it everything else is the same. Both have live view.

Paul

jagsiva

As Paul says, no wifi tethering and 1 year warranty. With the Credo, I think you loose the focus mask as well - still something I don't understand, as it is a useful feature and just limited artificially in the Credo backs.

gazwas

As Paul says, no wifi tethering and 1 year warranty. With the Credo, I think you loose the focus mask as well - still something I don't understand, as it is a useful feature and just limited artificially in the Credo backs.
Which makes this price seem even stranger - a bargain in comparison.

tjv

Maybe more a plan to move the crapshoot bodies than the back? New body nearly ready for release? That would make more sense, but I'm no expert.

f8orbust

...you loose the focus mask as well - still something I don't understand, as it is a useful feature and just limited artificially in the Credo backs.
Focus mask on a back with true live view just becomes a solution looking for a problem...

...unless you could implement it in real time during live view, now that would be neat.

f8orbust

The only thing that concerns me is that in their site when you click on the IQ150 the next box says click for a quote...
It's always been that way (sadly) - they don't seem to have noticed that it's 2015. DDI (another UK dealer) are in the 'phone for price' category as well. DTEK too sell P1, but a dollar to anyone who can find a price (or any sort of button to click).

digitalback.com shows how it should be done.

tjv

Why is it that Hasselblad dealers generally list the price, but Phase / Leaf dealers don't? Is there a different dealer model at play?

Paul2660

Glad I took the screenshots as they took the option off their site as of this morning. Yesterday you could add the package to their online cart. Gone today. Hope someone took advantage of it. Or they sold out!

Still wonder if they will honor those emails they sent. I guess Phase asked them to take the pricing off their site.

Paul