The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need a favor....

Red735i

I am just purchasing a Leaf Aptus II-5 back for delivery in about a month. In order to make sure all my software works, I would like to test out an image on my computer system. I have tried to download from the Mamiya Test Images, but they have miserably failed to be recognized. They were files that had a .mos file name. I have no idea what the true file name suffix is. It this the real default file name?
The reason this is a bit different, is that the copy of Capture One Pro that I have, is for Sony. Tech support said it would work, but so far, I can not get the program to even recognize the program name. I am hoping that if I had a real file, that I can do some testing myself...
I need a file that is not necessarily too big ( it is a test, after all), and it does not need to be more than 5MB. I need the file to be cropped, not jpg'd, so that the real file name is what I am importing. Can someone help?
Thanks
Frank

jagsiva

1. Leaf RAW files have .mos ending
2. Download the C1 pro or C1 DB from the Phase One site, free for 30 days so you should not have a problem.
3. Sony version of C1 only supports Sony RAW files as far as I know.
4. If you need full-size RAW samples, visit Capture Integration or Digital Transitions websites. I believe they have test files available. But please do keep in mind that they spend time/money setting these up for their potential clients, so may not hurt to give them some business after you get your MFDB, as Dante knows, there will be lot's more to spend :)
5. Not sure if this is still true as it has been a few releases since I had my Leaf back, but back then, there was a special driver or something I had to install for Leaf support.
Good luck

Red735i

Thank you for the information. Especially about the suffix for the captured files.Capture One told me it should work.... but it does not, at least not for what I have working so far.... I will contact them and ask more.....

I do have downloaded image files from their website, taken with the same back....

Will post when I figure out what's up.....

Again, my thanks

danlindberg

I have plenty of Leaf Aptus II 5 raw files. PM your email and I'll send you a couple of files for you to play with!
Capture One DB is free of charge and works with the Aptus .mos files.