The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cambo Aptus DB: Any Landscape Photographer?

Audii-Dudii

No it will not the x1d does not have a shutter. Nor does it have a method to talk to the shutter on a technical camera.
I'm not looking to buy an X1D any time soon, mind you, but its lack of a shutter isn't necessarily fatal for my purposes -- I photograph mostly at night and use long enough exposures that I time them with a stopwatch -- provided, of course, that there is some way to make it start and stop capturing an image on demand.

Does anybody know if the camera will work without a lens attached or is there an interlock mechanism that prevents that?

Right now, I photograph with a combination of a Sony RX1 and an A7R with adapted lenses on a modified view camera. But if the X1D will work without a lens attached (and for the record, I'm guessing that it won't), I potentially can foresee replacing both of them with a single X1D and lens at some point down the road.

Boinger

I'm not looking to buy an X1D any time soon, mind you, but its lack of a shutter isn't necessarily fatal for my purposes -- I photograph mostly at night and use long enough exposures that I time them with a stopwatch -- provided, of course, that there is some way to make it start and stop capturing an image on demand.

Does anybody know if the camera will work without a lens attached or is there an interlock mechanism that prevents that?

Right now, I photograph with a combination of a Sony RX1 and an A7R with adapted lenses on a modified view camera. But if the X1D will work without a lens attached (and for the record, I'm guessing that it won't), I potentially can foresee replacing both of them with a single X1D and lens at some point down the road.
That was my thoughts initially as well. I talked to the hasselblad rep at launch and from what i understand it needs a lens attached.