The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monitor recommendations?

How are they working out for you? Any problems with flicker or calibration or uneven illumination? How's the text in non-photo apps? The price is great, I paid $2000 each for my NEC panels many years ago.

Thanks.
Looking this display up online shows some pretty polarizing reviews, it seems that it doesn't work well with many Macs due to the resolution, and also the panel itself has issues, like randomly switching color spaces and various other malfunctions. For a price of $1,400 this display seems to have lofty goals in mind, considering high-end 1440p displays cost about the same, so I'm thinking corners had to be cut somewhere... specifically in the QC department.

just got these. let me use them for a while and will report back
Here's to hoping you won't have to play the RMA roulette.

Ed Hurst

Revisiting this old thread......

So, Ed, which one did you end up buying?

I am now looking for a replacement to my NECs as they are losing the calibration every few days and are not identical any more, have to calibrate repeatedly and even then one is slightly different - either cooler or warmer than the other. Don't know which is the right one either since my printer does not match up 100% with either of them.

The 4K Eizo is now available, but is prohibitive in price. I wonder if it is necessary to go for the 'automatic calibration' model. I am reluctant to buy NEC again as they require their own calibration devices and software.

However, it seems pointless not to go for 4K since that looks like the way forward.

Hmmmm...... dilemma indeed. Anybody has experience with the LG/Viewsonic/Dell/Sharp models?
Sorry for the slow reply - not been online much recently. I actually have not invested in a new monitor yet - so the updated info. here is going to prove very useful when I finally do (which will be soon!).

All the best - and thanks again everyone for the super insights.

Ed

msadat

reporting back on my usage of the lg, so far so good, i am using the monitors on windows 10. profiling software provided by lg is not yet win 10 ready. i will wait for a little while before getting datacolor sypyder again to calibrate the monitor. for now i set everything as adobe rgb so so far so good

this is what i got, two lg 31 inch 4k ips monitors with adobe rgb coverage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OKSEVTY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00