The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lee 100mm Push-On Filter Holder and HC lenses

cerett

Is anyone using the Lee 100mm Push-On Filter Holder with Hasselblad HC lenses that have a 95mm filter thread? If yes, what is your experience with this combination?

Jeffg53

I tried it years ago and very quickly abandoned it. I could never get it to work properly. Maybe it's just me being clumsy. Why would you want it? The normal Lee gear works well.

modator

Hello,
with 1,3 crop sensor like H5D-50c or H4D-40 etc...
I use the 95mm filter thread on 35-90 and 300mm without problems, at 35mm you need to use only one push on 100mm pro system holder instead of two (very useful for using both polarizer and nd grads) so at 35 mm is possible to use one of them only !!
I have stacked 2 or three nd grads without problem at 35mm, also big and little stopper work very well in the first slot of the holder at 35mm.

Anyway The 95mm + one push on is not working on 28, but You could use it with the 28 + HTS 1,5 that's like the 35mm focal...

Best regards, Domenico.

tcdeveau

I use it with the 35-90mm and I'm not a fan. It works, but isn't terribly secure (esp with a UV filter on the front).

modator

I use it with the 35-90mm and I'm not a fan. It works, but isn't terribly secure (esp with a UV filter on the front).
I'm not understanding ?
Screwing the 95mm thread on the 35-90 is rock solid, and with one holder the three filters are stable...

Did You use a different lee accessory for it ?
Best, Domenico.

cerett

Thank you, but I am a bit confused. Are we all talking about the same item. It is my understanding that the push filter holder goes directly on a lens with an outside diameter of 100mm (95mm filter ring). No adaptor ring is needed. Will it work and is it as stable as using the regular 95mm screw-in adaptor ring? Since it attaches directly to the lens, will it get around the issue of no 95mm WA adaptor ring made by LEE?

I am thinking of using it on my 28mm, 35mm and 35-90mm lenses.

modator

Thank you, but I am a bit confused. Are we all talking about the same item.
my confusion...

Ok reading 95mm I figure out the 95mm thread, in fact there is on the market this screw ring specially made for 95mm H thread ... I see there is also an adapter 100mm (that fortunately... I have... but I used it only with the Super Angulon 72XL).... today I have tried the combination and it goes outside the lens stopped by the three alignment segment for the hood....

I agree with Jeff & tcdeveau...
Definitely tightening the screw also at the maximum a little torsion can disconnect the thread from the lens....

The 95 mm Hasselblad screw for me is a must with the 35-90 lens.

Last edited:

cerett

Great. Thank you. That is what I wanted to know. I will stay with the 95mm screw in adaptor for my 35mm and 35-90. The 28mm remains a problem with the H5D-50C. There is no 95mm screw-in WA adapter that I could find. I guess I will need to put up with some vignetting at the corners.

tcdeveau

My apologies, I should've specified. I use the Lee 100mm push-on holder. It pushes on to the outside of the lens barrel and does not screw in to the 95mm threads on the lens inner barrel. It works but it's definitely not rock solid. A threaded screw-in adaptor is a better solution. It might be worth trying on the 28mm of you can find a wide angle adaptor.

I also have a 165mm lucroit holder with a threaded 95mm adaptor. This is rock solid on the 35-90 and might be a good option for the 28mm if vignetting is a problem with a 100mm holder/adaptor. Sadly I don't have a 28mm to test it with. The only draw back is the 165mm filters are more expensive and larger, so more difficult to travel with.

MikeHlop

Great. Thank you. That is what I wanted to know. I will stay with the 95mm screw in adaptor for my 35mm and 35-90. The 28mm remains a problem with the H5D-50C. There is no 95mm screw-in WA adapter that I could find. I guess I will need to put up with some vignetting at the corners.
I use blu tack with 28mm HC lens and Lee/hitech 100mm filters. My cap works as a shde ;)

Last edited: