The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Daytona Beach Model Shoot

David K

Workshop Member
Here's a less cropped version which is more than 95% of the original. Shot with the 45-90 zoom at 45. Wide open at f/4.5 ISO 100. Levels and curves adjustments and plus 10% saturation bump... Not the same PP as the originally posted image.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Actually David if you went in just a touch more on the crop , I think it would jump off the page . Try like 20 percent more but on the left an top only

T

TMGraphics

I like that last post the best! Pulls me into her eyes. The first one I notice the elbows first for some reason. All good images though, thanks for posting!

One question, did you use an off camera flash on a pole or held by an assistant, or was it a strobe? Thanks

Thomas

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks all for the kind words and after seeing what you've done with the less cropped photo I think it's the better version too. This seems to be the most popular photo that I took that weekend. The studio asked for one to put on their wall which in my small circle is a nice compliment. As they say: "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" :)
@ Guy... I will give your crop a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
@ Thomas... Profoto strobe with zoom reflector, no grid.

David K

Workshop Member
I think Woody recently got a shot at Yosemite after everyone else packed up their gear for the day. The guys I was shooting with don't stop even when it's dark out. Typically, I would have called it a day before this which just goes to show... BTW, I'm not sure about this male/female communication thing. My wife seems to know when I'm thinking about getting more camera gear even before I do :)