The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One XF information at Photo Rumors

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It might just be an IQ optimized to take advantage of the full features of the new body oh, and the new 80mp back I suppose. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Smoothjazz

Does anyone know if my current IQ180 back would work with this? It would be a shame if I had to upgrade that as well.

kdphotography

I'll place bets that the new Phase XF is compatible with previous generation MFDBs---we just might not get all the benefits of the integration with the new IQ3 series MFDB. But I'll also place bets that upgrading to a new IQ3 series back is probably going to be more worthwhile than say upgrading for just limited wifi capability. :rolleyes: We'll know shortly enough...

I want the new camera body but I'll stick with my IQ180. I almost don't want to hear about the IQ3 series...:D

ken

hogweed

good question,

as this is a completely new camera, I suppose the lens mount is the same.

Is the body 645 or 6x6 like the Hy6?

Is it the same back mount (aka Mamiya Mount)? Does the camera work with older backs? We will know soon.
This is one of the reasons why some photographers stayed with their vintage camera and mount until this camera finally hits the streets and specs are published. (I nearly got the Sinar m when it came out, I nearly got the Hy6 when it was released...I'm very happy I didn't)
I'm very happy to see that this camera has the promised WLF (my 503cw is hanging on a copy stand 50% of the time), this could finally be the camera I've been looking for.
Also looking forward to the 120mm, is it even better then the old one? Could it be my b&b lens for a huge repro job digitalizing glass plates (instead of the 120mm asp apo)

hogweed

Don Libby

I see no reason that Phase would offer a body that only works with one line of backs. Then again I wouldn't be too surprised if it will work on all the older backs beyond the IQ series. But then again we'll know within 24-hours.

Much like Ken, I'm only interested in the body as I plan on keeping my IQ180 till the wheels fall off.

archivue

waist level finder ?

really interesting but only if we can rotate the back...

i quite like this design myself, that' s a question of taste... i hate the nissan juke... but they sell a lot of it..

Pemihan

In exactly 30 minutes I'm driving right by Phase One HQ. You guys want me to stop and take a peak through the windows?
:bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes::eek::eek::eek:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We have some nice info to share with you on this, but it's embargo'd until tomorrow. And we adhere to the NDA and embargos... Regardless, we'll be posting their press release (with their photos that you've already seen :rolleyes:) early US time tomorrow.

Why Phase bothers to embargo this stuff when somebody always leaks it to selected sites is beyond me :D

Mammy645

We have some nice info to share with you on this, but it's embargo'd until tomorrow. And we adhere to the NDA and embargos... Regardless, we'll be posting their press release (with their photos that you've already seen :rolleyes:) early US time tomorrow.

Why Phase bothers to embargo this stuff when somebody always leaks it to selected sites is beyond me :D
Well, it's Tuesday here in Europe right now, so technically... ;)

Shashin

Hmmm. That means Guy already knows. He has been quiet lately...